Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mezzmo Trailer Checker

An updated version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker (v0.0.11) has been uploaded to GitHub. This new
    version has a minor enhancements. Testing is underway for supporting IMDB local trailers and if it
    goes well should be available in the next release.

The "clean files" feature in this release can help reduce disk clutter and makes it easy to delete local
    trailer files when you've removed a movie from your Mezzmo library and you are running local trailers.
    You don't need to run it all the time and not after you delete each movie. Just run it periodically to
    help keep things clean.

v0.0.11 fixes and features:

• Added "clean files" and "show files" commands to display and delete orphaned
    trailer files which do not have a Mezzmo trailer entry in the Mezzmo library
    • Added IMDB movie numbers to the mTrailers table to prepare for upcoming
    support for local IMDB trailers
    • Added commit to trailer database after each 500 checks during large full
    library trailer database checks

To get started please review the Getting Started page on the Wiki. The current version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker is v0.0.11 can be downloaded here.

It is highly recommended to do a backup of your Mezzmo database before using the tool and the Mezzmo GUI and server service need
    to be stopped in order for it the checker to write to the Mezzmo database. This is a protection mechanism to ensure just one application is writing
    to the Mezzmo database at a time.

The release notes for the various releases can be found here.

I added a couple of Wiki pages with step-by step instructions and screenshots on how to use the Mezzmo Trailer Checker with Mezzmo to automatically
    add local trailers and how to edit / update them. I hope you will find these very helpful. I have begun an FAQ Wiki page (Frequently Asked Questions) with
    some of the most common questions related to running the tool with Mezzmo. The FAQ has a number of Kodi specific questions.

The tool has been working very well for me, especially since the fixes in v0.0.3. I find myself watching more movies in my Mezzmo / Kodi library due to the
    the Mezzmo Movie Previews feature and local trailers I have Mezzmo Movie Previews set to 3 previews. Now I get 3 random trailers from the release year
    of the movie which haven't been watched in my library, then the main movie starts. It's an almost movie theater-like experience..

Questions and feedback are welcome.

Jeff

Mezzmo Trailer Checker wiki page

An updated version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker (v0.0.12) has been uploaded to GitHub. This new
    version has a minor bug fix and a major new feature, support for downloading IMDB local trailers.

The new "clean files" feature in this release can help reduce disk clutter and makes it easy to delete local
    trailer files when you've removed a movie from your Mezzmo library and you are running local trailers.
    You don't need to run it all the time and not after you delete each movie. Just run it periodically to
    help keep things clean.

v0.0.12 fixes and features:

• Fixed a bug where file names which contained a + character could not be re-
    encoded by ffmpeg and the trailer file would not be copied to the local trailer
    folder
    • Added support for fetching IMDB trailers. When enabled and an IMDB trailer
    is found, they will be placed first in the list in Mezzmo.

To get started please review the Getting Started page on the Wiki. The current version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker is v0.0.12 can be downloaded here.

It is highly recommended to do a backup of your Mezzmo database before using the tool and the Mezzmo GUI and server service need
    to be stopped in order for it the checker to write to the Mezzmo database. This is a protection mechanism to ensure just one application is writing

I added a couple of Wiki pages with step-by step instructions and screenshots on how to use the Mezzmo Trailer Checker with Mezzmo to automatically
    add local trailers and how to edit / update them. I hope you will find these very helpful. I have begun an FAQ Wiki page (Frequently Asked Questions) with
    some of the most common questions related to running the tool with Mezzmo. The FAQ has a number of Kodi specific questions.

The tool has been working very well for me, especially since the fixes in v0.0.3. I find myself watching more movies in my Mezzmo / Kodi library due to the
    the Mezzmo Movie Previews feature and local trailers I have Mezzmo Movie Previews set to 3 previews. Now I get 3 random trailers from the release year
    of the movie which haven't been watched in my library, then the main movie starts. It's an almost movie theater-like experience..

Jeff

An updated version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker (v0.0.13) has been uploaded to GitHub. This new
    version has a major bug fix and improves detecting the best available trailer formats.

The new "clean files" feature in this release can help reduce disk clutter and makes it easy to delete local
    help keep things clean.

v0.0.13 fixes and features:

• Finally stomped out the bug with invalid characters in the trailer names for
    both You Tube and IMDB trailers which would not allow local trailers to be
    copied to the local trailer folder
    • Improved available formats matching for both You Tube and IMDB trailers

To get started please review the Getting Started page on the Wiki. The current version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker is v0.0.13 can be downloaded here.

add local trailers and how to edit / update them. I hope you will find these very helpful. I have begun a FAQ Wiki page (Frequently Asked Questions) with

Jeff

Last edited by jbinkley60; 06-24-2023 at 12:36 AM.

An updated version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker (v0.0.14) has been uploaded to GitHub. This new
    version has a bug fix an enhancement and adds two new commands to help keep the trailer database
    cleaner.

v0.0.14 fixes and features:

• Simplified the IMDB trailer naming, removing random generated characters by
    the trailer checker. Now random characters will only be added to IMDB
    trailers if the trailer file name is a duplicate of an already existing
    trailer file. This is consistent with how You Tube trailers are named. The
    prior IMDB naming structure will continue to work fine. This only impacts
    new IMDB local trailers.
    • Added "clean bad" and "clean long" commands to remove trailer records from
    the Trailer Checker database which are displayed with a 'Show" command.
    Trailers that are long or bad do not get updated into Mezzmo but will stay
    in the Trailer Checker database until cleaned. This do not cause a problem.
    These new commands just help keep the trailer database cleaner.
    • Improved duplicate trailer name checking when multiple You Tube trailer URLs
    point to the same file name for the same new movie fetch.

To get started please review the Getting Started page on the Wiki. The current version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker is v0.0.14 can be downloaded here.

add local trailers and how to edit / update them. I hope you will find these very helpful. I have begun a FAQ Wiki page (Frequently Asked Questions) with

Jeff

An updated version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker (v0.0.15) has been uploaded to GitHub. This new
    version has an additional configuration item that allows automatic prepending "ytube_" to YouTube
    trailer download file names. This will help in situations whee you have IMDB, YouTube and other trailer
    sources. The trailer checker downloads will start with either imdb_ or ytube_ to allow for easier

v0.0.15 fixes and features:

• Added option to prepend "ytube_" to YouTube trailer names to assist with future trailer
    sources, including manual local trailers.

To get started please review the Getting Started page on the Wiki. The current version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker is v0.0.15 can be downloaded here.

Jeff

An updated version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker (v0.0.16) has been uploaded to GitHub. This new
    version has a minor bug fix to address You Tube 403 errors causing the trailer checker to stop.

v0.0.16 fixes and features:

• Fixed a bug where a You Tube server 403 error would cause the trailer checker
    to stop fetching any further trailers. Now trailers which cause a 403 error
    will be marked as bad and removed from Mezzmo.

To get started please review the Getting Started page on the Wiki. The current version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker is v0.0.16 can be downloaded here.

Jeff

An updated version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker (v0.0.17) has been uploaded to GitHub. This new
    version is a bug fix release.

v0.0.17 fixes and features:

• Fixed bug introduced in v0.0.15 which was causing You Tube 403 errors due to
    an improper trailer format response parsing. This would cause You Tube 720P
    trailer fetch attempts when a 720P trailer format was not available.
    • Added logging to show format for attempted fetch trailer requests for IMDB or
    You tube. Previously only successful trailer fetch results would be logged.
    • Updated yt-dlp.exe from v2023.02.17 to v2023.07.06

To get started please review the Getting Started page on the Wiki. The current version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker is v0.0.17 can be downloaded here.

Jeff

An updated version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker (v0.0.18) has been uploaded to GitHub. This new
    version adds the ability to select the trailer output format of either mp4 or mkv format. Some devices
    like Roku units cannot play high resolution mo4 formatted videos.

v0.0.18 fixes and features:

• Fixed a bug which would occur when an IMDB movie trailer had a comma in the
    name when fetched and the trailer needed the frame rate or audio adjusted.
    • Added option to output trailers in mkv format instead of mp4. This allows
    Roku devices and similar which don't support higher resolution mp4 video
    playback to be able to play local trailers. There is also a new "adjust
    format" command to do bulk conversions from mp4 to mkv up to 200 trailers
    for each run.

To get started please review the Getting Started page on the Wiki. The current version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker is v0.0.18 can be downloaded here.

Jeff

An updated version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker (v0.0.19) has been uploaded to GitHub. This new
    version fixes a bug with trailer URL formatting.

v0.0.19 fixes and features:

• Fixed a bug where a You Tube trailer URL which started with http:// vs.
    https:// would cause an index out of range error.

To get started please review the Getting Started page on the Wiki. The current version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker is v0.0.19 can be downloaded here.

Jeff

An updated version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker (v0.0.20) has been uploaded to GitHub. This new
    version fixes a couple bugs and adds the ability to fetch and import manually entered IMDB trailers.
    Now you can select your own IMDB trailer and provide the URL. with trailer URL formatting.

v0.0.20 fixes and features:

• Added the ability to manually enter your own IMDB trailer URLs vs. needing
    an IMDB key. See config file.
    • Updated version of yt-dlp.exe to address IMDB download issues with certain
    newer trailers
    • Minor bugfix where trailer format conversion from mp4 to mkv would stall
    if destination file name already existed.

To get started please review the Getting Started page on the Wiki. The current version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker is v0.0.20 can be downloaded here.

Jeff