Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mezzmo Trailer Checker

Default Mezzmo Trailer Checker

Mezzmo has always had the ability to support multiple movie trailers and fetching of them has occurred via the Mezzmo metadata scraping process. The Mezzmo Kodi Addon began supporting multiple movie trailers (up to 20) and support for locally host high quality trailers has been available for some time. However, the process to host high quality local trailers is currently a manual process and Mezzmo's built-in You Tube module limits trailers to 720P quality, as well as downloads them in real time vs. storing them locally. We all know that playing You Tube trailers in real time can be slow at times for various reasons or trailers, like actor artwork, can disappear from the Internet

I have started working on a new concept called Mezzmo Trailer Checker which is based upon the concepts and some code from the Mezzmo Artwork Checker which automates the checking, tracking and fetching new actor artwork against your Mezzmo actor database without the need to rescrape your library. It tracks the last time new artwork has been checked and allows fetching up to 1,000 new actor images at a time, along with the Mezzmo UserPoster feature to override the default images from the scrapers so you can have your preferred actor image without worry of it being over written or being removed (and stored centrally so you don't need to touch each Kodi client).

The Mezzmo Trailer Checker would be similar in concept with a few more capabilities. Here's a current set of features I am considering:

• Read current You Tube movie trailer information from the Mezzmo database
    • Track movies which have local trailers, which don't and last checked time
    • Download high quality trailers from You Tube for local hosting
    • Automatically normalize and trim the You Tube trailers names
    • User selectable feature of 720P or 1080P quality trailers (if available, otherwise best quality available)
    • Automatically move trailers to designated location (i.e. NAS, local disk etc.)
    • Option for automatically locking the Mezzmo metadata to avoid overriding trailer information
    • Option for how many movies to check in each batch run of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker
    • Option to limit how many trailers per movie
    • Option to order trailers by size
    • Option for supporting prefer local trailer capability to allow You Tube trailers for Mezzmo web interface

Additional options might be checking disk space usage, trailer size limits and such. The Mezzmo Trailer Checker would leverage the existing Mezzmo Kodi addon movie trailer and sync features including automatically syncing trailer information to all Kodi clients, limiting the # of trailers to the user option and support for prefer local trailers to maximize your viewing pleasure.

I am curious what the interest level for this level of integration and automation might be ? I've already gotten the basics of the You Tube trailer downloader / name normalizing working and much of the database / automation code will come from the current Mezzmo artwork Checker. I've been hosting local trailers for my new movies for over 6 months and really like it. You might ask about the amount of space required. I have around 1,500 of my 7,500 trailers being hosted locally and they take up 42GB of storage on my Mezzmo server. This is without any limiting of trailer size other than me doing it manually. Part of this is my reason for developing this new tool, to automate the local hosting of of the other 6,000 or so movies as well as new movies.

There will be 3 prerequisites for this tool:

• You will need to have Python 3.x loaded on the system running the tool
    • It will need to be a Windows based system
    • The system will need to have drive maps or local access to your Mezzmo database location and the location that will store the trailers

While Mezzmo can host local trailers via a web server vs. a local file access approach, I am not looking to initially support this capability. If there is interest in this hosting model, I'll consider it for future development.

Please let me know your thoughts on this tool concept. My goal is the continuing theme of automating things as much as possible and it easy with Mezzmo.

Thanks,

Jeff

Most of the functionality for the Mezzmo Trailer Checker tool has been written and is working. I am expecting to post an initial release on GitHub next week. Below is a sample screen output checking 2 movies from the Mezzmo database, pulling the You Tube trailers (including skipping You Tube trailers which are no longer available and trimming the extra info from the names), inserting them into the Mezzmo database (and replacing the original entries), moving them to the local trailer folder location and recording the resolution and size of the new trailers in the trailer database. It will skip movies where it already finds local trailers and allows for processing the oldest movies or the newest movies in your Mezzmo movie library. Once you run the tool the Mezzmo Kodi addon will sync the new local trailers to all Kodi clients. The daily sync process with the Mezzmo server will automatically cleanup / delete any temporary files added to the Kodi video database due to trailer playback. Again this is all automatic.

With this capability, to more quickly populate local trailers, I have proposed a new feature for the Mezzmo Kodi addon called Mezzmo Movie Previews. This proposed new feature would give you a movie theater like experience where you can play up to a selected number of movie previews / trailers before playing the main movie. It would leverage the Mezzmo Kodi Addon Local Movie Trailers feature, be launched by the context menu and have a few option settings. In the next release of the Mezzmo Kodi addon I will add populating the main movie release dates into the addon trailer database to prepare for this new proposed Mezzmo Movie Previews feature.

Potential settings options:

• Number of previews to play (1-10)
    • Previews from the year the movie was released to recreate the original movie experience
    • Previews from the current year of movies in your library with a playcount of 0 for a modern previews experience of unwatched movies

Mezzmo Trailer Checker tool sample output:

Mezzmo Trailer Checker started.
    Mezzmo check database completed.
    Finished getting Mezzmo Trailer records.
    Mezzmo Trailer Checker found 2 movies to check trailers.
    Found 3 Youtube trailers: Die Hard
    Fetched Youtube trailer at: 720p - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiOgpkNaR_E
    Trailer file fetched: 720p - 97674985 - Why_DIE_HARD_Is_A_Christmas_Movie_Director_John_Mc Tiernan_Explains.mp4
    Fetched Youtube trailer at: 1080p - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYWvwkXreaI
    Trailer file fetched: 1080p - 8962819 - Die_Hard_30th_Anniversary_Trailer_20th_Century_FOX .mp4
    Fetched Youtube trailer at: 1080p - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yvAWO_HwYY
    Trailer file fetched: 1080p - 11765550 - Die_Hard_1988_Trailer.mp4
    The # of old trailers for: Die Hard is: 3
    The # of new trailers for: Die Hard is: 3
    Mezzmo trailers updated - 6
    Found 8 Youtube trailers: Die Hard 2: Die Harder
    Fetched Youtube trailer at: 480p - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZNko-B_OCw
    Trailer file fetched: 480p - 4116178 - Die_Hard_2_-_Die_Harder_1990_Trailer_D.mp4
    Fetched Youtube trailer at: 480p - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2oSceSYLic
    Trailer file fetched: 480p - 15592379 - Die_Hard_2_-_Die_Harder_1990_Trailer_C.mp4
    Fetched Youtube trailer at: 480p - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJQDvUVdmJg
    Trailer file fetched: 480p - 9176857 - Die_Hard_2_-_Die_Harder_1990_Trailer_B.mp4
    Fetched Youtube trailer at: 1080p - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isx2fYWGmcg
    Trailer file fetched: 1080p - 11400154 - Die_Hard_2_-_Die_Harder_1990_Trailer_A.mp4
    Fetched Youtube trailer at: 480p - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyxfXQ4MGLQ
    Trailer file fetched: 480p - 9991619 - Die_Hard_2_1990_Theatrical_Trailer_1.mp4
    Fetched Youtube trailer at: 480p - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iH7S5NHSnI
    Trailer file fetched: 480p - 5474193 - Die_Hard_2_1990_Teaser_Trailer.mp4
    Fetched Youtube trailer at: 480p - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H34OqD_XmD0
    Trailer file fetched: 480p - 5394519 - Die_Hard_2_1990_Theatrical_Trailer_3.mp4
    Fetched Youtube trailer at: 480p - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbcRO1uosiI
    Trailer file fetched: 480p - 13021644 - Die_Hard_2_1990_Theatrical_Trailer_2.mp4
    The # of old trailers for: Die Hard 2: Die Harder is: 8
    The # of new trailers for: Die Hard 2: Die Harder is: 8
    Mezzmo trailers updated - 16
    Mezzmo Trailer Checker completed successfully.

Thanks,

Jeff

The Mezzmo Trailer Checker is now on GitHub and I have begun creating the Wiki. I am on the third release of the tool and it is now ready for broader testing I have tested it on about 100 or so trailers.

The current set of features are:

• Read current You Tube movie trailer information from the Mezzmo database
    • Track movies which have local trailers, which don't and last checked time
    • Download high quality trailers from You Tube for local playback with daily limit setting
    • Automatically normalize and trim the You Tube trailers names
    • User selectable feature of 480P, 720P or 1080P quality trailers (if available, otherwise best quality available)
    • Option to set the maximum duration of trailers
    • Automatically move trailers to designated location (i.e. NAS, local disk etc.)
    • Option for automatically locking the Mezzmo metadata to avoid overriding trailer information
    • Option for how many movies to check in each batch run of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker
    • Option to limit how many trailers per movie
    • Option to order trailers by size
    • Option to prefer official trailers
    • Option for local trailers only
    • Option for supporting prefer local trailers capability to allow You Tube trailers for Mezzmo web interface
    • Check feature to update trailer size, resolution and duration after manual trailer changes
    • Added checks for missing trailer files and trailer files with invalid names
    • CSV export of the tracker database trailer information
    • Full detailed logfile
    • Full Trailer Checker statistics

To get started please review the Getting Started page on the Wiki. The current version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker is v0.0.3 and can be downloaded here.

It is highly recommended to do a backup of your Mezzmo database before using the tool and in the current version the Mezzmo GUI and server service need to be stopped in order for it the checker to write to the Mezzmo database. I am looking to fix this in an upcoming release but it is always safer if just one application is writing to a database at a time.

The release notes for the various releases can be found here.

The tool has been working very well for me, especially since the fixes in v0.0.3. Some planned features for upcoming release are:

• Add the ability to fetch trailers by movie name or list of names in a file
    • Add the ability to remove trailers from the tracker database when they are no longer in Mezzmo
    • Add the ability to clear statuses in the tracker database (i.e. Bad, Long, All etc..)
    • Tracker database backups

The hosting of local trailers has made me watch trailers much more than before. This tool makes the job of managing them very easy.

Questions and feedback are welcome.

Jeff

An updated version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker (v0.0.4) has been uploaded to GitHub. This new
    version has a few bug fixes and adds a new "show" command to see trailers with bad statuses.

v0.0.4 fixes and features:

• Fixed minor bug where official trailers weren't always put at the top of the list
    when preferred official was set in the settings.
    • Fixed minor bug which was causing some of the bad trailer statuses to be overwritten
    to good during trailer check by movie function.
    • Fixed minor bug which would cause Bad trailers to be readded to Mezzmo
    • Major performance improvement over version 0.0.3 when syncing with Mezzmo by modifying
    the trailer checker database indexes.
    • Added "show" command to provide a screen display of all trailers with errors. The
    status for all trailers can be seen with the "csv trailer" command.

To get started please review the Getting Started page on the Wiki. The current version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker is v0.0.4 and can be downloaded here.

It is highly recommended to do a backup of your Mezzmo database before using the tool and in the current version the Mezzmo GUI and server
    service need to be stopped in order for it the checker to write to the Mezzmo database
    . I am looking to fix this in an upcoming release but it
    is always safer if just one application is writing to a database at a time.

The tool has been working very well for me, especially since the fixes in v0.0.3. Some planned features for upcoming release are:

• Add the ability to remove trailers from the tracker database when they are no longer in Mezzmo
    • Add the ability to clear statuses in the tracker database (i.e. Bad, Long, All etc..)
    • Tracker database backups

The hosting of local trailers has made me watch trailers much more than before. This tool makes the job of managing them very easy.

Jeff

Mezzmo Trailer Checker wiki page

An updated version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker (v0.0.5) has been uploaded to GitHub. This new
    version has a few bug fixes and new features.

v0.0.5 fixes and features:

• Added # of files and storage consumed by the trailer folder to the stats output.
    • Fixed another minor bug which was causing Long and Invalid statuses to be changed
    to bad in the mTrailer table.
    • Fixed issue where after trimming extraneous You Tube characters in local trailer
    names, a duplicate trailer name might exist.
    • Added the ability to delete trailers from the Mezzmo Trailer Checker database by
    movie name or number. This is useful when you want to update trailers in Mezzmo
    and have the tracker learn/check them again.
    • Added backup command to create backups of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker database

To get started please review the Getting Started page on the Wiki. The current version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker is v0.0.5 can be downloaded here.

It is highly recommended to do a backup of your Mezzmo database before using the tool and in the current version the Mezzmo GUI and server
    service need to be stopped in order for it the checker to write to the Mezzmo database

Jeff

An updated version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker (v0.0.6) has been uploaded to GitHub. This new
    version has a few bug fixes and new features.

v0.0.6 fixes and features:

• Added detection for trailer files where the video stream is missing or the
    resolution cannot properly be determined by ffmpeg.
    • Fixed minor bug which could cause a movie file viewed with "show name" to
    have it also cleaned from the Mezzmo Trailer Checker database.
    • Added the ability to fetch specific movie trailers by name or number

To get started please review the Getting Started page on the Wiki. The current version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker is v0.0.5 can be downloaded here.

I added a couple of Wiki pages with step-by step instructions and screenshots on how to use the Mezzmo Trailer Checker with Mezzmo to automatically
    add local trailers and how to edit / update them. I hope you will find these very helpful. I will be starting an FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page
    with some of the most common question related to running the tool with Mezzmo.

Jeff

Last edited by jbinkley60; 04-24-2023 at 10:19 AM.

An updated version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker (v0.0.7) has been uploaded to GitHub. This new
    version has a few bug fixes and new features, including the ability to generate a report of all movies
    in your Mezzmo database which do not have trailers.

v0.0.7 fixes and features:

• Improved trailer file name dupe checking when a movie has many trailers with
    the same name after trimming extraneous You Tube characters.
    • Added average trailer file size calculation to the stats output
    • Added "CSV notrail" command to generate a listing of all movies in the Mezzmo
    database which have no trailers.
    • Increased movies per fetch maximum to 50 per run and You Tube trailer fetches
    per day to 400.
    • Code cleanup and additional Python level error checking

. This is a protection mechanism to ensure just one
    application is writing to the Mezzmo database at a time.

I added a couple of Wiki pages with step-by step instructions and screenshots on how to use the Mezzmo Trailer Checker with Mezzmo to automatically
    add local trailers and how to edit / update them. I hope you will find these very helpful. I have begun an FAQ Wiki page (Frequently Asked Questions) with
    some of the most common questions related to running the tool with Mezzmo.

The tool has been working very well for me, especially since the fixes in v0.0.3. At this point the tool appears to be rock solid and I
    don't have any planned features or fixes. I've used it on over 50% of my movie database and it is working great.

Jeff

Last edited by jbinkley60; 04-27-2023 at 06:03 PM.

An updated version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker (v0.0.8) has been uploaded to GitHub. This new
    version has a couple of minor fixes.

v0.0.8 fixes and features:

• Improved trailer file naming for You Tube trailers with very short names
    filled with odd characters.
    • Fixed command line error if the first argument was invalid. Now the help
    screen will appear vs. a Python error.

. This is a protection mechanism to ensure just one
    application is writing to the Mezzmo database at a time.

add local trailers and how to edit / update them. I hope you will find these very helpful. I have begun an FAQ Wiki page (Frequently Asked Questions) with
    some of the most common questions related to running the tool with Mezzmo.

The tool has been working very well for me, especially since the fixes in v0.0.3. At this point the tool appears to be rock solid and I
    don't have any planned features or fixes. I've used it on over 50% of my movie database and it is working great.

Jeff

An updated version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker (v0.0.9) has been uploaded to GitHub. This new
    version has number of fixes and new features with the major feature being adjust trailers which allows
    both automatic and on demand bulk adjustments of the trailer frame rates and audio levels. I looked
    at the frame rates on my local trailers and I had 60+ different frame rates, even though the Mezzmo
    Trailer Checker asks for the same one each time. This feature has been a huge time saver and major
    improvement in movie preview consistency.

v0.0.9 fixes and features:

• Added statistics for count of movies with local trailers and those with no
    movie trailers in Mezzmo.
    • Added trailer fps check to add trailer frame rate to trailer checker database
    • Fixed bug where a check new would continually check the same trailers vs.
    checking the oldest last checked trailers.
    • Fixed minor bug where check new would not check a local trailer with "youtube"
    trailer in the file name.
    • Added the ability to automatically adjust / standardize local trailer frame
    rates and audio levels as new local trailers are fetched with a backup option
    to retain the original unmodified local trailer.
    • Added on demand feature to adjust frame rate and audio levels by trailer frame
    rate, movie number or a range of movies by number.
    • Added trailer frame rate statistics display.

To get started please review the Getting Started page on the Wiki. The current version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker is v0.0.9 can be downloaded here.

It is highly recommended to do a backup of your Mezzmo database before using the tool and the Mezzmo GUI and server service need
    to be stopped in order for it the checker to write to the Mezzmo database. This is a protection mechanism to ensure just one application is writing
    to the Mezzmo database at a time.

some of the most common questions related to running the tool with Mezzmo. The FAQ has a number of Kodi specific questions.

don't have any planned features or fixes. I've used it on over 100% of my movie database and it is working great. v0.0.9 takes it
    to the next level.

Jeff

Last edited by jbinkley60; 05-21-2023 at 12:57 AM.

An updated version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker (v0.0.10) has been uploaded to GitHub. This new
    version has a minor fix and adds support for nVidia hardware acceleration when adjusting the frame
    rate or audio levels on local trailers.

v0.0.10 fixes and features:

• Added hardware encoding support for nVidia to speed up converting trailers
    • Fixed minor bug introduced with v0.0.9 which would cause long trailers to
    go through frame rate adjustments and be copied into the trailer folder
    vs. being discarded.

To get started please review the Getting Started page on the Wiki. The current version of the Mezzmo Trailer Checker is v0.0.10 can be downloaded here.

It is highly recommended to do a backup of your Mezzmo database before using the tool and the Mezzmo GUI and server service need
    to be stopped in order for it the checker to write to the Mezzmo database. This is a protection mechanism to ensure just one application is writing
    to the Mezzmo database at a time.

some of the most common questions related to running the tool with Mezzmo. The FAQ has a number of Kodi specific questions.

don't have any planned features or fixes. I've used it on over 100% of my movie database and it is working great.

Jeff