Thread: Can I replace my master video files with Pre-transcode files?

Default Can I replace my master video files with Pre-transcode files?

I have a TV Samsung The Frame (32), model QE32LS03TC to view all my videos, which come in many different formats (AVI, DivX MPEG-4, MKV, H264, MPEG2 etc) and many different resolutions (854x480, 480x260, SD, HD etc), not to mention different frame rates.
    I use Mezzmo Pro 6.0.6.0 (running on my Windows 10 server) to transcode them on-the-fly during playback to view on my Samsung TV using DNLA.

Mezzmo uses Device profile: Samsung N (No DTS)
    The processor runs at 80-90% while transcoding and my hard-drive space is limited, so I would prefer not to keep lots of Temporary Transcoding Files.

I also want to tidy up my video collection to all one format which will play on my Frame TV.
    I could manually transcode my hundreds of videos using VLC or Handbrake, but it would take ages!

I have discovered the ”Add text to a title when the file requires transcoding” option under logging which identifies which files are incompatible with my Samsung.
    I CANNOT GET THIS TO WORK, NEITHER THE ORIGINAL VIDEO FILE OR LIBRARY NAME HAS ANYTHING APPENDED FOLLOWING THE TRANSCODE?

All I need is a way of matching each transcoded file with its original video marked with the asterisk
    If so, can I change the extension and use your pre-transcoded file as my master video file replacing the original in my library folder, which of course would then not need further processing on playback for my TV.
    Last edited by EditBear; 04-06-2023 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EditBear View Post
    All I need is a way of matching each transcoded file with its original video marked with the asterisk
    If so, can I change the extension and use your pre-transcoded file as my master video file replacing the original in my library folder, which of course would then not need further processing on playback for my TV.
    I have just seen this post on your forum which answers my question!
    http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread...-Original-File