Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Dolby Atmos MLP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2023
    Posts
    4

    Default Dolby Atmos MLP

    Getting no sound when playing movie with Dolby Atmos are Mezzmo supporting MLP FBA 16-ch format?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke_Varg View Post
    Getting no sound when playing movie with Dolby Atmos are Mezzmo supporting MLP FBA 16-ch format?
    It works if you don't try to transcode it with Mezzmo and send it natively to the client. It works for me with Kodi clients. I don't believe transcoding of it is supported right now in Mezzmo with the current version of ffmpeg included.


    Thanks,

    Jeff

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2023
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbinkley60 View Post
    It works if you don't try to transcode it with Mezzmo and send it natively to the client. It works for me with Kodi clients. I don't believe transcoding of it is supported right now in Mezzmo with the current version of ffmpeg included.


    Thanks,

    Jeff
    I'm not trying to transcode it with Mezzmo just want it to stream to the sound.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke_Varg View Post
    I'm not trying to transcode it with Mezzmo just want it to stream to the sound.
    I understand but unless you've specifically disabled it for your device, Mezzmo may be trying to. You need to uncheck the option in the Transcoding Tab in Device settings. Unchecking the Transcode incompatible media files option will tell Mezzmo not to transcode anything to that client. if you have that unchecked and it still isn't working, then Peter will need to weigh in here. This works for me.


    Thanks,

    Jeff

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2023
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbinkley60 View Post
    I understand but unless you've specifically disabled it for your device, Mezzmo may be trying to. You need to uncheck the option in the Transcoding Tab in Device settings. Unchecking the Transcode incompatible media files option will tell Mezzmo not to transcode anything to that client. if you have that unchecked and it still isn't working, then Peter will need to weigh in here. This works for me.


    Thanks,

    Jeff
    I have ,since many years, specifically disabled it for my device, and it still isn't working. (Maybe its the same problem as it is with mp4-files)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke_Varg View Post
    I have ,since many years, specifically disabled it for my device, and it still isn't working. (Maybe its the same problem as it is with mp4-files)
    What device type are you accessing Mezzmo with and are you sure it has the proper codec support for this ? I am using Kodi clients which work fine.


    Thanks,

    Jeff

Similar Threads

  1. Atmos, DTS:X
    By hsbrown2 in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-20-2021, 01:02 AM
  2. Dolby/DTS on TCL UHD TV w/Roku
    By GirardinD in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-20-2017, 11:25 AM
  3. Panasonic DMP BDT-310 picture aspect and Dolby Digital EX Question
    By JoeB in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 08:52 AM
  4. Audio in video files is misidentified as Dolby Digital
    By pizzaguy541 in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-16-2010, 07:55 PM
  5. Mezzmo media server not recognized by Samsung HT-C5530 Dolby set
    By zwelgjebeest in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-08-2010, 08:53 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •