Thread: Dolby Atmos MLP

Default Dolby Atmos MLP

Getting no sound when playing movie with Dolby Atmos are Mezzmo supporting MLP FBA 16-ch format?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke_Varg View Post
    Getting no sound when playing movie with Dolby Atmos are Mezzmo supporting MLP FBA 16-ch format?
    It works if you don't try to transcode it with Mezzmo and send it natively to the client. It works for me with Kodi clients. I don't believe transcoding of it is supported right now in Mezzmo with the current version of ffmpeg included.

Thanks,

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jbinkley60 View Post
    It works if you don't try to transcode it with Mezzmo and send it natively to the client. It works for me with Kodi clients. I don't believe transcoding of it is supported right now in Mezzmo with the current version of ffmpeg included.

Thanks,

Jeff
    I'm not trying to transcode it with Mezzmo just want it to stream to the sound.

I'm not trying to transcode it with Mezzmo just want it to stream to the sound.
    I understand but unless you've specifically disabled it for your device, Mezzmo may be trying to. You need to uncheck the option in the Transcoding Tab in Device settings. Unchecking the Transcode incompatible media files option will tell Mezzmo not to transcode anything to that client. if you have that unchecked and it still isn't working, then Peter will need to weigh in here. This works for me.

Thanks,

Jeff

I understand but unless you've specifically disabled it for your device, Mezzmo may be trying to. You need to uncheck the option in the Transcoding Tab in Device settings. Unchecking the Transcode incompatible media files option will tell Mezzmo not to transcode anything to that client. if you have that unchecked and it still isn't working, then Peter will need to weigh in here. This works for me.

Thanks,

Jeff
    I have ,since many years, specifically disabled it for my device, and it still isn't working. (Maybe its the same problem as it is with mp4-files)

I have ,since many years, specifically disabled it for my device, and it still isn't working. (Maybe its the same problem as it is with mp4-files)
    What device type are you accessing Mezzmo with and are you sure it has the proper codec support for this ? I am using Kodi clients which work fine.

Thanks,

Jeff

What device type are you accessing Mezzmo with and are you sure it has the proper codec support for this ? I am using Kodi clients which work fine.

Thanks,

Jeff
    accessing Mezzmo with my LG oled Tv and the sound goes true eArc to Rotel RAP 1580 and the 5.1.2 sound system. seems like it has something to do whit the coding for ceiling speakers in dolby digital +. But if you says its works with Kodi then i must be wrong.

accessing Mezzmo with my LG oled Tv and the sound goes true eArc to Rotel RAP 1580 and the 5.1.2 sound system. seems like it has something to do whit the coding for ceiling speakers in dolby digital +. But if you says its works with Kodi then i must be wrong.
    eArc has a limit on the number of channels and bitrate it will support but it is much better than standard ARC. Can you load a movie with this format on a USB drive, plug it into the TV and see if you have sound that way ? You might want to check the codec support for your TV. Samsung's generally have a chart in the manual on what they support. Not sue on LG TVs.

Jeff