Thread: Smart Playlists being sent as MP3 rather than Flac

Default Smart Playlists being sent as MP3 rather than Flac

Hi. This is a strange one. All my music is stored on a NAS as FLAC encoded files. Linked playlists are fine and play as FLAC files, but if I use a smart playlist eg by genre or year the files are playing on my Cambridge CXN V2 media player as MP3. I cannot see that Mezzmo is transcoding anything so I am at a loss. It may not even be a mezzmo issue. Has anyone else experienced this. I am sure that this has only just started to happen as I have never seen it before.

I have just noticed that even though the transcoding panel does not show Mezzmo is transcoding when I look at the transcode file library I can see that Mezzmo has transcoded the files. I have not set any transcoding options myself.

Problem now resolved. On checking the settings in Mezzmo for my Cambridge the Transcode incompatible box was ticked. How this happened i don't know as I certainly didn't do it and snsured it was not selected when I first used the Cambridge. All good again.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Problem now resolved. On checking the settings in Mezzmo for my Cambridge the Transcode incompatible box was ticked. How this happened i don't know as I certainly didn't do it and snsured it was not selected when I first used the Cambridge. All good again.
    I have found that if you change device settings for a specific device, it can reset the transcode incompatible flag if you aren't real careful,. Glad it is working for you.

Jeff