Thread: Mezzmo won't pause or FF without sending me back to root directory

Default Mezzmo won't pause or FF without sending me back to root directory

Mezzmo had been working fine for over a year at least.

Had to restore my PC to an older backup due to an issue with my browser. Updated Windows 10 to current, along with the current Mezzmo Pro (6.0.6.0).

Now, Mezzmo won't allow me to FF or pause movies/TV shows (all formats). Kicks me back to the folder that has the movies/TV shows in it.

It also won't play some movies (mp4, AVI), but plays MKV with no problems (besides the no pause/FF).

Suggestions on how to remedy this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovetodrive2000 View Post
    Mezzmo had been working fine for over a year at least.

Had to restore my PC to an older backup due to an issue with my browser. Updated Windows 10 to current, along with the current Mezzmo Pro (6.0.6.0).

Now, Mezzmo won't allow me to FF or pause movies/TV shows (all formats). Kicks me back to the folder that has the movies/TV shows in it.

It also won't play some movies (mp4, AVI), but plays MKV with no problems (besides the no pause/FF).

Suggestions on how to remedy this?
    Mezzmo can't FF/RW while it is transcoding a file. This all sounds like you may have the wrong device profile setting for the device which is having the issue. This would include issues of not being able to play certain formats. The other option is that you previously had transcoded these files and they will need to transcoded again. What device are you using for playback and what is the device profile setting in Mezzmo for the device ?

Thanks,

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jbinkley60 View Post
    Mezzmo can't FF/RW while it is transcoding a file. This all sounds like you may have the wrong device profile setting for the device which is having the issue. This would include issues of not being able to play certain formats. The other option is that you previously had transcoded these files and they will need to transcoded again. What device are you using for playback and what is the device profile setting in Mezzmo for the device ?

Thanks,

Jeff
    I had looked, and no transcoding was going on....

Playback is on a Sony Bravia KDL (android) TV.... was working fine till I had to restore and image from last year.

When I tried to transcode a few of the files, they would not play at all after transcoding.

The settings in Mezzmo for my TV is to have it transcode any incompatible files......

I've been using Mezzmo for years, but haven't had to get in and change settings much, so I really don't know where to look for things.

I had looked, and no transcoding was going on....

Playback is on a Sony Bravia KDL (android) TV.... was working fine till I had to restore and image from last year.

When I tried to transcode a few of the files, they would not play at all after transcoding.

The settings in Mezzmo for my TV is to have it transcode any incompatible files......

I've been using Mezzmo for years, but haven't had to get in and change settings much, so I really don't know where to look for things.
    Ok. Go to Media Devices and see what device profile you have for your Sony Bravia KDL TV. There is a device profile called Sony Bravia KDL (Android) . I'd start with this one.

Thanks,

Jeff

Ok. Go to Media Devices and see what device profile you have for your Sony Bravia KDL TV. There is a device profile called Sony Bravia KDL (Android) . I'd start with this one.

Thanks,

Jeff
    I apologize for my stupidity, but what am I looking for in the profile?

Yes, there is one for Sony Bravia KDL TV, plus one for Sony Playstation 4 Pro, and both are labeled for Family Room TV.

We do not and haven't ever had a Playstation.

I apologize for my stupidity, but what am I looking for in the profile?

Yes, there is one for Sony Bravia KDL TV, plus one for Sony Playstation 4 Pro, and both are labeled for Family Room TV.

We do not and haven't ever had a Playstation.
    In Media Devices, if both devices with the name "Family Room TV" have the same IP address then I would rename one of them "Family Room TV 2" or similar. The goal is so that you can tell them apart. Next play a video with your Sony Bravia KDL TV and see what device shows playing in the Status window in Mezzmo. Once you know the device which is playing, make sure the device profile for that device is Sony Bravia KDL (Android). I would then delete the other device in Mezzmo.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 09-18-2023 at 09:42 AM.

In Media Devices, if both devices with the name "Family Room TV" have the same IP address then I would rename one of them "Family Room TV 2" or similar. The goal is so that you can tell them apart. Next play a video with your Sony Bravia KDL TV and see what device shows playing in the Status window in Mezzmo. Once you know the device which is playing, make sure the device profile for that device is Sony Bravia KDL (Android). I would then delete the other device in Mezzmo.

Thanks,

Jeff
    First off, I appreciate your help!!

Both the devices have their own IP address.

Videos are playing on the Sony Playstation 4 Pro device it shows, even tho we don't have a Playstation.

Tried to delete the Sony Playstation 4 Pro profile, but once I restart the media server, it comes back, and plays the videos.

Set it to 'deny" connecting for the Sony Playstation 4 Pro, and now the TV profile can't find any video files.

What's next?
    Last edited by Lovetodrive2000; 09-19-2023 at 01:10 AM.

First off, I appreciate your help!!

Both the devices have their own IP address.

Videos are playing on the Sony Playstation 4 Pro device it shows, even tho we don't have a Playstation.

Tried to delete the Sony Playstation 4 Pro profile, but once I restart the media server, it comes back, and plays the videos.

Set it to 'deny" connecting for the Sony Playstation 4 Pro, and now the TV profile can't find any video files.

What's next?

Ok. So the device which shows as a Sony Playstation is actually your TV. That is fine. Just change the device profile for it to Sony Bravia KDL (Android) and delete the other device in Media Devices. I'd also change the device name from Sony Playstation to whatever you want (i.e. "Family Room TV" etc..). Then play a video it should show the proper device playing and hopefully things will play properly for you.

Thanks,

Jeff

Ok. So the device which shows as a Sony Playstation is actually your TV. That is fine. Just change the device profile for it to Sony Bravia KDL (Android) and delete the other device in Media Devices. I'd also change the device name from Sony Playstation to whatever you want (i.e. "Family Room TV" etc..). Then play a video it should show the proper device playing and hopefully things will play properly for you.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Fantastic!!!!!!

It works properly now!

Thanks you!!!!

Fantastic!!!!!!

It works properly now!

Thanks you!!!!
    Glad it is working for you.

You are quite welcome.

Jeff