Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trailers not streaming part 2

Quote Originally Posted by spags65 View Post
    This is 400 trailers that the path needs to be corrected in the database. I do have some experience with databases. Is it as easy as connecting with sql client to the database? If so, I may need schema to figure out where the files paths need to be corrected. More than likely, you will create a query a whole lot quicker.
    Yes, it is as simple as pointing an SQL tool at the Mezzmo database. I use DB Browser for SQLite. The table is the MGOFileExtras table the File column. I just finished the bulk update to convert files from mp4 to mkv. I'll do some more testing but it is looking good.

So I am clear on your need you need files with:

E:\o\trailerstrailer_file_name

to read:

E:\o\trailers\trailer_file_name

correct ?

Let me see what I can do. I may have something tomorrow. I don't think the safe way here is to try and do it all with SQL alone but a combination of SQL and Python.

Please let me know if you can test mkv trailer download for a movie or two and they play on your Roku device. If so, I'll release the newer version tomorrow with the bulk update capability and hopefully a fix for your path issue.

Thanks,

Jeff

This is 400 trailers that the path needs to be corrected in the database. I do have some experience with databases. Is it as easy as connecting with sql client to the database? If so, I may need schema to figure out where the files paths need to be corrected. More than likely, you will create a query a whole lot quicker.
    I've completed all of the v0.0.18 coding for the mkv feature and have created a special version which has the path fix you are looking for. You can download the special version here.

I'd start by fixing the path for your 400 trailers. The steps are:

1. Backup your Mezzmo database
    2. Stop the Mezzmo server service and GUI
    3. Run the trailer checker with the "fix path" command. It should look like "trailer_checker.py fix path"
    4. Run the same "fix path" command a second time and it should say there are no paths to fix
    5. You should see a screen display as it fixes the paths with a summary telling you how many it fixed
    6. Restart the Mezzmo GUI and server service
    7. Either check in Mezzmo of run a CSV export in the trailer checker to ensure the paths are fixed

Once you have this fixed and working properly you can use the bulk adjust format utility to change mp4 trailers to mkv and update the trailers you have already downloaded in mp4 format. The steps to do bulk adjustments are:

1. Backup your Mezzmo database
    2. Stop the Mezzmo server service and GUI
    3. Run the trailer checker with the "adjust format 1" command. It should look like "trailer_checker.py adjust format 1"
    4. This will adjust the format of the newest trailer in the Trailer Checker database.
    5. You should see a screen display as it adjusts the output format with a summary telling you how many it modified
    6. Restart the Mezzmo GUI and server service
    7. Check in the Mezzmo properties for the movie with the trailer which was modified and ensure it is in MKV format. Also check your trailer folder to ensure the file is now an MKV file and the MP4 file is gone.
    8. Try playing the trailer which was modified with your Roku device
    9. Once you are sure it is working you can do larger batch conversions by changing the number "trailer_checker adjust format 10"

You can do up to 200 at a time. I'd suggest starting less than that in smaller chunks.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 09-29-2023 at 01:05 AM.

Jeff,

Trailers are now downloading in MKV. Thank you. Just need to figure out how to do bulk changes.

Thank you.
    Last edited by spags65; 09-29-2023 at 12:52 AM.

Jeff,

Trailers are now downloading in MKV. Thank you. Just need to figure out how to do bulk changes.

Thank you.
    Great. I presume they are playing OK on your Roku device ? If you have any questions on the instructions above, just let me know. FYI, I begin some travels on Sunday so turnaround time on responses will be slower.

Thanks,

Jeff

When using adjust number switch, movies are not updating from mp4 to mkv. Is there an additional switch I should be using to convert to mkv?

C:\Program Files\MezzmoTrailerChecker>trailer_checker.py adjust number 2
    Mezzmo Trailer Checker started - version 0.0.18 mkv test
    Mezzmo check trailer database completed.
    Number of trailers found: 1
    Found 1 trailers with requested movie(s) numbers to adjust
    No adjustments needed for: E:\o\trailers\ytube_Conquest_of_the_Planet_of_the_ Apes_1972__Trailer_HD_1080p.mp4
    Mezzmo Trailer Checker completed successfully.

C:\Program Files\MezzmoTrailerChecker>
    Last edited by spags65; 09-29-2023 at 02:34 AM.

When using adjust number switch, movies are not updating from mp4 to mkv. Is there an additional switch I should be using to convert to mkv?

No adjustments needed for: E:\o\trailers\ytube_Conquest_of_the_Planet_of_the_ Apes_1972__Trailer_HD_1080p.mp4

Right now v0.0.18 doesn't allow converting a movie by number or name to mkv. By name and by number are just for frame rate and audio level adjustments. The "adjust format 10" command will convert the newest 10 trailers you have in your system to mkv. I really intended the "adjust format" to be part of a bulk convert activity, allowing up to 200 trailers at a time.

I can add being able to selectively adjust the format by movie name or number but that may take a bit of time.

Did you try the "fix path" command and, if so, did it work properly ?

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 09-29-2023 at 03:19 AM.

I receive following output for command adjust format 10. Am I missing something?

C:\Program Files\MezzmoTrailerChecker>trailer_checker.py adjust format 10

The valid trailer adjust options are: number and frame

Ok, an update to my previous message above. I have uploaded a new version which will allow adjusting the format by movie number but not by name.

The command structure is like this:

Command: trailer_checker.py adjust format 20
    Action: Adjusts trailer format on the newest 20 trailers

Command: trailer_checker.py adjust format 20 number
    Action: Adjusts trailer format on movie number 20 in the Trailer Checker database

I hope this is what you were looking for.

Thanks,

Jeff

I receive following output for command adjust format 10. Am I missing something?

C:\Program Files\MezzmoTrailerChecker>trailer_checker.py adjust format 10

The valid trailer adjust options are: number and frame

That looks like the original test version before i added the bulk update / adjust capability. Use the special version for right now and once you confirm that is good that is good I'll post an official v0.0.18 version and you can delete the other test versions.

Thanks,

Jeff

Update works. Thank you. I am almost finished changing the in correct pathes in mezzmo. Once finished, i will run a sync command and then update. Almost done.

Thank you. Thank you.