Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Trailers not streaming part 2

Client is working. Server is working. I can see the trailer 2 plugin in mezzmo gui. Path in plugin updated and 4 categories populated with downloaded movies. Movies play on Roku. Beautiful. As movies rotate from TMDB.org, does script delete the downloaded movies to minimize hard drive footprint? Might be a possible update.

Quote Originally Posted by spags65 View Post
    Client is working. Server is working. I can see the trailer 2 plugin in mezzmo gui. Path in plugin updated and 4 categories populated with downloaded movies. Movies play on Roku. Beautiful. As movies rotate from TMDB.org, does script delete the downloaded movies to minimize hard drive footprint? Might be a possible update.
    Yes it does based upon your configuration file. The third setting, number of trailers to keep handles this. You can set it as high as 50 but I can change that to allow higher, if you want. This is per category. So if you set it for 30 that is 30 of each category. When you exceed the number it will automatically remove the oldest trailers and their corresponding database entries. You can see how much space is being used by running the stats command.

stats1.jpg

I also added instructions on the Wiki on how to make this a scheduled task. I have mine running daily. You can view the client logfile.txt file to see activity.

Please let me know how this runs. If things continue operating well I will bump this to a production release. The production release will add local artwork where the client will download and store the trailer / movie images to the artwork folder for even faster and more reliable performance. That too will get cleanup up as trailers are aged out.

Thanks for the encouragement for developing this. I am eyeing that TMDB has similar content for TV shows. Is that something of interest ?

Lastly, I will be starting a new forum thread for production support for Mezzmo channels which will include this channel and others.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 11-15-2023 at 08:36 PM.

Client works well. Server software works well. Thank you thank you.

Does the script delete videos when trailers are no longer shown in channel to minimize drive footprint.

Does the script delete videos when trailers are no longer shown in channel to minimize drive footprint.
    Do you mean when the trailers are no longed at TMDB does the software automatically detect this and remove the trailers from the channel database and your hard drive ? If so, not exactly because what TMDB does is move them to other pages or further down the list. It moves them to what is called page 2 for each category. Currently the client only pulls page 1, which is the fist 20 trailers for each category. I am not sure if there is interest in pulling more than 20 per category ? This is something I had a question on.

The client ages out older trailers based upon a first-in-first-out approach once you hit the keep limits. The client is strict about when it deletes something from the trailer database it also deletes the corresponding trailer file (and local artwork in the upcoming production release) to keep things in sync and minimize disk usage. You can always monitor things with the stats command, the CSV exports and the logfile.

Thanks,

Jeff

I have published v2.0.0 of this software, the first production release. Unfortunately you are going to need to going to need to delete and reinstall both the client and the server software, as well as deleting your trailers folder with the trailer files and database. There are a number of changes including changing the channel id not to conflict with the original version of the channel, adding local artwork and more which required significant changes on both the client and the server.

Here's a complete set of final changes for this production release:

- Added clean files feature to find / delete orphaned trailer files and database records
    - Final code cleanup
    - Improved logging clarity
    - Local artwork feature added - client and server
    - Added movie trailer year information - server only
    - Added movie series / collection information - client and server
    - Fixed duplicate Mezzmo plugin ids with old movie trailers channel - server only
    - Added \ movies to paths for future TMDB TV series channel and more - client and server
    - Fixed trailers table CSV export not working
    - Replaced CSV ## delimiter with standard ", " for genres, directors etc..

I have also created a new forum thread for channel support. Please use it to keep an eye out for new Mezzmo channels and channel updates.

The production version 2.0.0 can be downloaded here.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 11-17-2023 at 07:40 PM.