Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Trailers not streaming part 2

This is great news. I look forward to beta testing the update.

Quote Originally Posted by spags65 View Post
    This is great news. I look forward to beta testing the update.
    A quick update on the new Movie Trailer Channel development. I am going to release it for testing in two pieces. The first piece will be the downloader, which is very similar to the Mezzmo Trailer Checker. I am hoping to have something available for testing before Monday. Right now I have most of the basic functionality working including pulling down the lists of movies, pulling the details on the associated trailers, populating the database which the Mezzmo Movie Trailer Channel will read from, CSV exporting of data and downloading the trailers themselves. I've got a few more things around cleaning up the trailer file names, adjusting the format for mkv, improved logging, updated error handling and similar.

The second piece will be the updated Mezzmo Movie Trailer Channel software which will run on the Mezzmo server. The amount of code changes there is limited to 2 sections of code and shouldn't take too long once the downloader is working properly.

Thanks,

Jeff

Thank you, Jeff. I am excited. Let me know when you need me to test.

Thank you, Jeff. I am excited. Let me know when you need me to test.
    OK, I think I am ready for you to test the client software with what I have working so far. You an download the v0.0.1 release here. The instructions to install are here but they are basically the same as the Mezzmo Trailer Checker.

Once you have installed the client, try getting some movie trailers from the 4 categories: Now Playing, Upcoming, Top Rated and Popular. Note that the client currently will only pull 5 trailers at a time each time you run it. This is just to make testing easier if something goes wrong. Also please see my note of not using the same trailer folder as the Mezzmo Trailer Checker. Create a separate folder for the Mezzmo Movie Trailer Channels. If not, things will go horribly wrong when trying to identify orphaned trailer files in the future.

If it works properly you will see the client download the trailers and you can play them locally on your client PC just to ensure they play properly. Please also try a "csv trailers" command and you should get a CSV file export of the trailers which are in the database. Lastly try a backup command to ensure backing up of the database works.

Good luck and thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 11-09-2023 at 08:46 PM.

i have 25 mkv files in trailer channel folder\trailers. Works as advertised. Let me know when you are ready for me to test the next piece.

i have 25 mkv files in trailer channel folder\trailers. Works as advertised. Let me know when you are ready for me to test the next piece.
    Great news. Thanks for the feedback. I've made some good progress and have the server component working. I am able to play the trailers now. I have some more cleanup to do on some field formatting but I should have the next test release ready over the weekend.

Thanks,

Jeff

I am ready for you to test the server software and an updated version of the client. I have posted v0.0.2 here. For the client software you can just copy over the movie_trailers.py file. In your trailers folder please delete everything (i.e. your 25 trailer media files and the mezzmo_trailers.db file). I made a change to the database format which could cause issues between v.0.01 and v0.0.2. It shouldn't change going forward.

For the server software please follow the instructions here. I want to test how well my instructions are written. If you have the current version of the Mezzmo Movie Trailers Channel installed in your Mezzmo library you should uninstall it but this isn't required.

The new client software has a cleaning option added but is still limited to 5 trailers per run. This limitation will be removed in v0.0.3, which should be the final release before production.. My focus this time was to get the server software done since it is unlikely to have any major future changes other than bug fixes. This will allow me to focus on the client which needs more code cleanup and adding some additional features.

Good luck and thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 11-13-2023 at 02:20 AM.

Beta version 0.0.3 of the Mezzmo Movie Trailers Channel 2 has been released. I am hopeful that
    this will be the last beta prior to production.

The updates in this version are:

• Added all option to trailers for fetching all categories in a single command
    • Enabled movie trailer keep limits from config file setting
    • Added stats option to display trailer statistics
    • Added support for Mezzmo Kodi addon integration
    • Removed 5 trailer download limit for each category

I have also begun the associated Wiki page for this software. Overall I am very pleased with how
    this effort has turned out. The resulting functionality and automation have exceeded my expectations.
    In the upcoming 1.1.9.7 / 2.1.9.7 releases of the Mezzmo Kodi addon you can integrate the Mezzmo
    Movie Trailers Channel and if the channel finds the underlying movie in your Mezzmo library you can
    launch local playback of the movie. It's also a nice way to know whether you have a particular
    movie or not in your library when you are viewing the channel trailers.

Here's some screenshots of the channel in Kodi but it works equally well with other Mezzmo clients.

Feedback is welcome,

Thanks,

Jeff

Script works great. I wiped out my previous install of client and replaced with version 3. From version 3 zip file, I had to place ffmpeg and yt-dlp.exe into client folder. I ran movie_trailers.py trailers all successfully. The path of the trailers in trailer channel is still listed as youtube. Do i need to run mezzmoplugin.py to upload the trailers to mezzmo? If so, what command lines do i need to run?

Script works great. I wiped out my previous install of client and replaced with version 3. From version 3 zip file, I had to place ffmpeg and yt-dlp.exe into client folder. I ran movie_trailers.py trailers all successfully. The path of the trailers in trailer channel is still listed as youtube. Do i need to run mezzmoplugin.py to upload the trailers to mezzmo? If so, what command lines do i need to run?
    Did you install the server plugin channel into Mezzmo ? Copy the server folder from the zipfile, MovieTrailers2, into the server plugin folder and then install the channel via the Mezzmo GUI. The Mezzmo plugin folder is typically located at: c:\ProgramData\Conceiva\Mezzmo\Plugins\ . See if this helps. Start with step 6 for the server server installation.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 11-15-2023 at 01:00 PM.