Thread: No Wi-Fi support

Default No Wi-Fi support

I have been using Mezzmo for 5 years with an ethernet connection. I have recently moved and need to use Wi-Fi to connect devices or run ethernet cables throughout the house. The Mezzmo Roku app refuses to see my media server over my Wi-Fi connection. I have never seen any updates available for either the Mezzmo Windows app or the Mezzmo Roku app over the 5 years I have been using Mezzmo. I am now using the free version of Plex which works wonderfully with Wi-Fi. Conceiva needs to get with the times and hand out some updates because in the times of Wi-Fi Mezzmo is seriously lacking!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgeddis View Post
    I have been using Mezzmo for 5 years with an ethernet connection. I have recently moved and need to use Wi-Fi to connect devices or run ethernet cables throughout the house. The Mezzmo Roku app refuses to see my media server over my Wi-Fi connection. I have never seen any updates available for either the Mezzmo Windows app or the Mezzmo Roku app over the 5 years I have been using Mezzmo. I am now using the free version of Plex which works wonderfully with Wi-Fi. Conceiva needs to get with the times and hand out some updates because in the times of Wi-Fi Mezzmo is seriously lacking!
    Typically if a DLNA / UPnP device cannot connect from a Wi-Fi client to a LAN based server thee are two likely causes. First, the Wi-Fi router isn't copying the DLNA SSDP broadcast discovery packets from Wi-Fi to the LAN. Second the client OS is somehow blocking the packets. In my case I have Android, Samsung OS, Kodi and Roku devices on Wi-Fi. All of them can see my Mezzmo server via the normal discovery process except the Roku devices. This tends to lean towards a Roku OS issue.

However, the Mezzmo Roku app allows you to manually add my Mezzmo server with the + sign. I used this and have added my Mezzmo server manually on all of my Roku devices and they are working fine. I am not sure if you've tried manually adding your Mezzmo server to your Roku devices

Thanks,

Jeff