Thread: Is Mezzmo still in active development?

Question Is Mezzmo still in active development?

I bought Mezzmo a long time ago. Over a decade ago for sure and used it on and off over that time period. I just reinstalled it a couple months back and was looking at the release history. It seems to have stopped in 2020 with 6.0.6.0. Is that the case? I couldn't find any message or post about it being end of lifed or anything. Thanks in advance. Joe

6.0.7.20 is the current release. You need to ask support for the patch.

Thanks,

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jbinkley60 View Post
    6.0.7.20 is the current release. You need to ask support for the patch.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Awesome! I was sad when I saw that. I tried Plex and it doesn't come close to Mezzmo in terms of correctly identifying and processing the songs I tried with it.

Quote Originally Posted by joecline View Post
    Awesome! I was sad when I saw that. I tried Plex and it doesn't come close to Mezzmo in terms of correctly identifying and processing the songs I tried with it.
    I concur. Mezzmo is the most flexible and feature rich media sharing streaming solution I have encountered and is why I volunteer so much of my time to continue developing the Mezzmo Kodi addon. I have a copy of Plex running on a VM for development and testing purposes but Mezzmo is my media server. It pains me to see so many folks in the various forums complaining about how much time they spend managing their media library and infrastructure. When I see them complaining about issues I want to scram at them "The issue you are dealing with has been solved with Mezzmo."

Here's a perfect example where I was splitting a playlist with all 14k+ television episodes and close to 190 TV series. It took me about an hour, just because I was careful making the changes with the Mezzmo path changer tool. With other solutions this would have involved exporting libraries, reimporting things and then potentially losing metadata like bookmarks, lastplayed times, playcounters etc. With Mezzmo everything was retained.

One of my main design goals with the Mezzmo Kodi addon is zero touch clients. I don't want to spend time managing Kodi and non-Kodi clients. Let Mezzmo do that for me. I am almost to 100% automation.

Thanks,

Jeff