Thread: Database Size

Default Database Size

Currently I have ~ 2000 movies with a 1000 TV episodes in Mezzmo database. To understand capabilities of Mezzmo, how many Movies/TV episodes can Mezzmo database safely support? Is there a limit before performance of the application/database is impacted? What is the largest Mezzmo database reported?

Quote Originally Posted by spags65 View Post
    Currently I have ~ 2000 movies with a 1000 TV episodes in Mezzmo database. To understand capabilities of Mezzmo, how many Movies/TV episodes can Mezzmo database safely support? Is there a limit before performance of the application/database is impacted? What is the largest Mezzmo database reported?

I believe Mezzmo has been tested to 500,000 entries in the database. Here's a link to my setup. I just looked at the Mezzmo Kodi addon sync stats and I am just over 21,000 video and 11,000 music items in the library. The two things I do for performance is put the Mezzmo database on an SSD drive for speed and limit the number of active playlists. Active playlists are a great feature and extremely flexible but too many of them can slow down database updates sine they all need to be updated for new items and changes to existing items. I have removed a handful of the default active playlists because I don't use them.

Thanks,

Jeff

Great info. Love the server setup. I was stoked having 40TB array. 500 TB media server is massive. I do have to ask how you are automating live tv recordings into Mezzmo. What app are you using to schedule and record live TV? Is the sfotware auto naming the files for a directory mezzmo is monitoring?

Quote Originally Posted by spags65 View Post
    Great info. Love the server setup. I was stoked having 40TB array. 500 TB media server is massive. I do have to ask how you are automating live tv recordings into Mezzmo. What app are you using to schedule and record live TV? Is the sfotware auto naming the files for a directory mezzmo is monitoring?
    Since I use Silicon Dust HDHomerun tuners I use their DVR software and scheduler. The DVR software drops the episodes into a folder (with subfolders for each TV series). I then added that folder to Mezzmo and enabled the check for new content option every 2 minutes. When Mezzmo finds new content it automatically adds it to the library and all clients can see it. Mezzmo also updates the duration of the video as it is recording. It's pretty much all hands-off, except when I decide to delete old stuff some times. I try to automate most of my media library stuff. I've had up to 5 shows recording simultaneously. Their DVR software runs as a service on my Mezzmo server.

Thanks,

Jeff