Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to search movie meta data

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Unable to search movie meta data

Anybody else lose ability to search and download movie meta data? Searches for TV shows works fine. If I am the only one having an issue, may need some assistance resolving search issue.

Quote Originally Posted by spags65 View Post
    Anybody else lose ability to search and download movie meta data? Searches for TV shows works fine. If I am the only one having an issue, may need some assistance resolving search issue.
    Is this for adding movies to your library or searching Mezzmo from a client ? If a client, please provide more information regarding the client and version number ? Also, what version of Mezzmo are you running ?

Thanks,

Jeff

Unable to search movies when adding to the movie library. Also unable to get online video metadata for a movie. But i am able to retrieve video metadata for TV shows.

Quote Originally Posted by spags65 View Post
    Unable to search movies when adding to the movie library. Also unable to get online video metadata for a movie. But i am able to retrieve video metadata for TV shows.
    I am seeing the same issue. It looks like something going on with Mezzmo retrieving metadata from TMDB. I checked and TMDB is working along with being able to pull movie details with my API key but something could have happened to impact Mezzmo (i.e. API key or some other API change). I see where my last successful get movie data was on Tuesday March 6th. I didn't try any yesterday but I have the Mezzmo Movie channel 2 running daily on a batch job talking to TMDB and it ran fine yesterday.. TV Episodes use TVDB which is why they are working.

Peter will need to investigate this issue.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 03-08-2024 at 10:24 PM.

Same here. I thought Mezzmo itself was messed up and reinstalled. Now most movie files are blank but there are a few that have loaded the correct images. I did have a momentary problem with tv titles also but it was just one instance.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcogre View Post
    Same here. I thought Mezzmo itself was messed up and reinstalled. Now most movie files are blank but there are a few that have loaded the correct images. I did have a momentary problem with tv titles also but it was just one instance.
    If you have a recent backup you can do a restore which will address missing metadata and artwork until Peter can resolve this TMDB issue. I always keep a few backups around just in case things go wrong.

Thanks,

Jeff

Same here I can't retrieve Meta Data for movies but for TV Shows it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    No, the thumbnails are saved on disk alongside the video file and are referenced in the nfo file.
    Perhaps I don't understand Tiny metadata manager well enough but I don't see a way to do this in batches saving one NFO for multiple files. If one has 10 or so films this isn't a problem but I've been saving things to HDD for years. I'm not beating on you Peter. I'm trying to see if there's a more elegant solution than making individual NFOs for multiple files. And as I said I'm not yet familiar with all the ins and outs of Tiny metadata manager. Thanks

The link I posted is definitely for a Windows version, and I'm also using it on Windows 10. I've just verified this by downloading it again and extracting the ZIP file.

You need to ensure that you're viewing and searching for ANSI strings which are stored using 2 bytes per character. If you're searching for an ASCII string then it won't find it.

And yes, simply remove the hyphens from the API key that you've been issued.
    Last edited by FranticOrange; 03-28-2024 at 02:26 AM.

@FranticOrange

Thanks so much for the write up to replace the keys, worked great!

Also, Thanks to @Peter for sharing the key for us to use.
    Mezzmo 6.0.7.0 - Mezzmo Kodi Matrix Plugin 2.1.7.7.
    Nvidia Shield 2017
    Windows 10 - Intel 6 core i5 - 24GB Ram - 129TB Storage