Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unable to search movie meta data

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    TMDB has blocked our access to their database so Mezzmo is unable to lookup metadata for movies. Looking up metadata for TV series will continue to work as it uses a different site. For movies I recommend using either Tiny metadata manager or Kodi to lookup the metadata and save it in nfo files which Mezzmo can read.
    If I have my own API key for accessing TMDB, where would I change this in Mezzmo? I've looked through the INI file and the SQL databases but can't find this anywhere. If it's embedded in the executable, I'm comfortable with hex editing it if you could either let me have an offset or the current value of the API key, or even just the first few characters of the string...

Thanks.
    Thanks,
    Frantic.

Quote Originally Posted by FranticOrange View Post
    If I have my own API key for accessing TMDB, where would I change this in Mezzmo? I've looked through the INI file and the SQL databases but can't find this anywhere. If it's embedded in the executable, I'm comfortable with hex editing it if you could either let me have an offset or the current value of the API key, or even just the first few characters of the string...

Thanks.
    I've asked Mezzmo to consider allowing it to be added to the MezzmoMediaServer.ini file as an option, for folks who have a TMDB API key. Right now it is in a binary.

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 03-22-2024 at 09:00 PM.

I've posted an initial test release of an NFO creation and movie artwork download
    tool which I am adding to the Mezzmo Artwork Checker.

This will be released in phases with the first phase being manual entry of the movie
    names, followed by folder level scraping and then eventually scraping new movies
    added to the Mezzmo database. Long term my goal is to get close to the embedded
    Mezzmo capabilities for gathering metadata and artwork, including actors.

Peter and I are working on a few fields which are missing from the NFO import process.
    In fact these aren't really defined in the NFO specs consistently across the various
    software products which use NFO tools, including Kodi and others. The fields include
    Rating, Website, Trailers and Producer. You will notice that the TMM NFO files either
    don't have this information or don't import properly. Hopefully we can fix these soon.

I could use some help testing the NFO creation tool. This initial version has some
    limitations including: limited to US / English, the backdrop / fanart is fixed at 1920x1080
    and the poster artwork is fixed to 500x750. Mezzmo will resize the artwork to your
    artwork settings.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 03-22-2024 at 05:06 AM.

Hi,

I'm seeig this issue also. but it's a bit worse. I thought it wa my system so i did a reinstall of Mezzmo and now i'm still not getting any movies update. My TV files are downloading the metadata but Mezzmo isn't updating the folders or files with artwork.
    any ideas or a work around?
    If i manually select get online video metadata (TV only) it updates the details as expected.

Ive just added a new TV (never before been on system) and it's worked as expected, it's got the art work ect.
    Anever had this issue before with fresh install, maybe i'm not waiting long enough.
    Last edited by ant-dat; 03-22-2024 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ant-dat View Post
    Ive just added a new TV (never before been on system) and it's worked as expected, it's got the art work ect.
    Anever had this issue before with fresh install, maybe i'm not waiting long enough.
    See Peter's post here on Mezzmo losing access to the TMDB site, which is where movie metadata is retrieved from. Two options are to use Tiny Media Manager (TMM) and create NFO files/artwork and then import them into Mezzmo or use the NFO creator feature I am working on which is an additional to the Mezzmo Artwork Checker tool.

There are a few fields which currently can't be imported via NFO files: Ratings, Producers, Website, Trailers and TMDB_ID. TMM is an existing tool and very functional. The extension to the Mezzmo Artwork Checker will likely be a very integrated solution in the future but I am still working on it. It's coming along quickly and can create an NFO file equivalent to TMM but it doesn't have a GUI interface but once the Mezzmo integration is completed, that shouldn't matter as much.

Thanks,

Jeff

thanks Jeff,
    I'll look forward to trying it out when it's released. But i don;t understand why a fresh install isn;t finding TV artwork or at least it isn't importing it into mezzmo.
    Last edited by ant-dat; 03-22-2024 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ant-dat View Post
    thanks Jeff,
    I'll look forward to trying it out when it's released. But i don;t understand why a fresh install isn;t finding TV artwork or at least it isn't importing it into mezzmo.
    TV Artwork and metadata should work. They come from a different source. Only movies are currently broken.

Jeff

mine (version 6.07.20)are only partialy working and mezzmo isn't uppdate the playlists. And manually searching for artwork via the change poster options doesn't work "mezzmo cannot find any artwork for the music or video using the information you have provided"

I've also noticed mezzmo is create random Artwork folders, for example
    c:\user\username\artwork
    c:\user\username\appdata\local\artwork

Maybe it's left over from pervious versions.

Think i'm going to wipe the system and try starting from scratch.

For those interested in testing I have published an updated test version 1.0.16b of the
    Mezzmo Artwork Checker with a number of new enhancements for generating NFO files
    and artwork. You can download it here from GitHub.

This version has an additional config option for the logfile. Please update your config file
    before attempting to run. Additionally the NFO file is now limited to those fields which
    import properly into Mezzmo. An additional extras file is created so you can cut / paste
    other available fields you may be interested in, until we can see if the Mezzmo NFO import
    feature can be improved.

Lastly, I added the option to specify the NFO file name and movie title when creating NFO
    files. An example night be the movie named: Start wars but you have the movie video named
    Star Wars 1977 and you'd like that in Mezzmo. This option allows you to specify the output
    file name and corresponding file name in Mezzmo.

I've begun testing a direct interface into Mezzmo where the tool can pickup new movies
    which you have imported into Mezzmo and eventually do direct updates of the Mezzmo
    database. This is a longer term goal and will take some time. There are a number of process
    related items to test and work out.

I could use some help testing the NFO creation tool. This initial version has some
    limitations including: limited to US / English, the backdrop / fanart is fixed at 1920x1080
    and the poster artwork is fixed to 500x750. Mezzmo will resize the artwork to your
    artwork settings. I'd like to get some feedback on what resolutions folks are using for
    their movie artwork.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 03-24-2024 at 10:26 AM.