Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Unable to search movie meta data

Jeauxbleaux, The Mezzmo software itself is not free. this is a discussion on how to fix a current issue that is present. TMDB has blocked the API id that was used to scrape for movies within the Mezzmo executable. They want a yearly fee to be paid since the application itself is commercial.

I am glad some of you are working around the TMDB API issue with a hex editor to the
    Mezzmo binary. I'll still continue improving the NFO features for the Mezzmo Artwork
    Checker, as another option and for other uses.

I have published an updated test version 1.0.16e of the Mezzmo Artwork Checker which
    has a couple of minor fixes. You can download this new test version here from GitHub.

Note:
    This is likely to be the last feature test release before releasing as version 1.0.17.
    I'll hold this for a week to see if any bugs are reported.

Here's a list of fixes and features in this test update:

• Fixed minor bug causing list index out of range error when there was a single
    movie title returned
    • Fixed minor bug where the logger would record the correct user movie selection
    but have the wrong title in the logs

Feedback is welcome.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jbinkley60, thank you for what you are doing. I figure eventually the blocking will increase with the tv side as well. i think its just a matter of time. so your work will definitely guide the way on other possible future resolutions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FranticOrange View Post
    The link I posted is definitely for a Windows version, and I'm also using it on Windows 10. I've just verified this by downloading it again and extracting the ZIP file.

You need to ensure that you're viewing and searching for ANSI strings which are stored using 2 bytes per character. If you're searching for an ASCII string then it won't find it.

And yes, simply remove the hyphens from the API key that you've been issued.
    Well still no luck with edit program so downloaded another and did the edits. One instance in Mezzmo.exe and 10 instances in the other. But alas still no joy. Is it possible the problem is I am using the free version?
    I say this as cannot do step 12 as cannot find where to check the metadata search facility as per - "12. Open Mezzmo and check the metadata search functionality."

Here is what it looks like after edit - (see attachment)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bbar; 03-28-2024 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunie2 View Post
    Jbinkley60, thank you for what you are doing. I figure eventually the blocking will increase with the tv side as well. i think its just a matter of time. so your work will definitely guide the way on other possible future resolutions as well.
    Thanks. I am working for the 1.0.18 release where it will read from the Mezzmo database and find newly added movies where the metadata is missing, then you can select to create an NFO file. I already have the Mezzmo database queries working. I just need to wrap some other code around them.

Longer term I may do the direct updates to the Mezzmo database and skip the NFO step but I want to take it slowly to avoid potential database corruption issues. The Mezzmo Trailer Checker already does some direct database updates for trailers and the lock flag. I will build on that for the other fields.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by bbar View Post
    Well still no luck with edit program so downloaded another and did the edits. One instance in Mezzmo.exe and 10 instances in the other. But alas still no joy. Is it possible the problem is I am using the free version?
    I say this as cannot do step 12 as cannot find where to check the metadata search facility as per - "12. Open Mezzmo and check the metadata search functionality."

Here is what it looks like after edit - (see attachment)
    I don't know about the free version as I use a licensed edition but both of my binaries definitely each had 10 instances in so you may want to double-check that. Perhaps @Peter can confirm whether the free version also has the same number of instances of the API key as the licensed version. Also, the screenshot you attached is too blurry for me to see any usable details.

Step 12 is simply asking you to test the functionality that wasn't working before making the change, for me that was opening the properties of a movie/video and clicking the Get Online Video Metadata button.
    Thanks,
    Frantic.

I don't know about the free version as I use a licensed edition but both of my binaries definitely each had 10 instances in so you may want to double-check that. Perhaps @Peter can confirm whether the free version also has the same number of instances of the API key as the licensed version. Also, the screenshot you attached is too blurry for me to see any usable details.

Step 12 is simply asking you to test the functionality that wasn't working before making the change, for me that was opening the properties of a movie/video and clicking the Get Online Video Metadata button.
    oK Thanks. Will check further.

here is revised picture of edit. it is at max size allowed on forum

and yes sorry, 10 occurrences in both programs

OK PLEASE IGNORE above and previous posts .....Seems I got api key from TVDB and not TMDB. Apologies and going to do right NOW!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bbar; 03-29-2024 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IronAddict View Post
    Frantic,

Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to explain it. It is greatly appreciated!!!

And thanks for bbar as well for the additional information on hexedit!!!

IronAddict

Update :

Got a new API key from TMDB in about 5 minutes
    Created copies of original 2 exe files
    Used UltraEdit (30 day trial) to edit the files
    Selected "UTF-16LE" option in the bottom tool bar
    Used Find and replace -- had to use singular "replace" and not "replace all" for some reason
    Saved the files and exited

Presto -- Rejoiced ... although i call it martini time.

Frantic : Thanks again for your help!!!!

(one quirk ATM .. it will only update 1 file at a time .. but i'll tweak this if i can and post the resolution if not its still working enough not to have to use TMM)

Thank you for hint re TMDB. Got API now from them and there is JOY!

Thanks to all for your help
    Last edited by bbar; 03-29-2024 at 03:35 AM.

Hi peter,
    to avoid the blacklisting of keys maybe it would be a better option to create a configuration page in the mezzmo options where users can manually set their own API key this way it's kindof a loophole where mezzmo is not providing the functionality by default (maybe there could be a few options like tmdb, imdb or others), it should be pretty easy to implement.

In the meantime I am using the hexedit method, works fine.