Thread: Retaining view in a folder

Default Retaining view in a folder

I've noticed that setting the view in a folder doesn't seem to stay put.
    If I change the view, play something in that folder when its done it stays as what I changed it to.
    If I back out of the folder and go back in its going back to whatever I assume is the default. So for example for TV shows this is going to Episode.

Although I cant say I have seen the VIEW episode in all skins
    I'm not using the default skin, but I recall seeing similar behaviour for that too (happy to double check by switching to default if needed)

I realise this might be skin dependant - wondering if theres a way it can be overriden so I can force views for certain folders
    Ive noticed for example an active playlist in mezzmo has a description - but there doesnt seem to be a way to see it in kodi running the mezzmo addon

Quote Originally Posted by HomerRamone View Post
    I've noticed that setting the view in a folder doesn't seem to stay put.
    If I change the view, play something in that folder when its done it stays as what I changed it to.
    If I back out of the folder and go back in its going back to whatever I assume is the default. So for example for TV shows this is going to Episode.

Although I cant say I have seen the VIEW episode in all skins
    I'm not using the default skin, but I recall seeing similar behaviour for that too (happy to double check by switching to default if needed)
    The Mezzmo Kodi addon has view settings which override what is in Kodi, depending upon your skin and settings. Note that if a playlist has mixed content then the view setting will be based upon the last media type in the list. I'll need to know a bit more about what is happening, your skin and such to help more.

Jeff

I realise this might be skin dependant - wondering if theres a way it can be overriden so I can force views for certain folders
    Ive noticed for example an active playlist in mezzmo has a description - but there doesnt seem to be a way to see it in kodi running the mezzmo addon
    View types can be set for all folders but not individually for each folder, except in Kodi itself and the Mezzmo Kodi addon folder view setting set for Default (which means it defaults to the Kodi view vs. overriding Kodi). Yes, whether the playlist description shows in Kodi is purely dependent upon the skin. Some skins display them and some skins don't. That I cannot control.

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 06-19-2024 at 11:49 AM.

Forcing all folders to be the same regardless would be ideal...

Forcing all folders to be the same regardless would be ideal...
    That is how it works if you change the view option from Default for Top Folder View and Folders View. First select the skin you are using and then change the appropriate view settings. II the skin you are using isn't listed then use Confluence, which is the default for all skins not listed. In addition to folders there are view options for movies, TV Shows, photons, music and more.

Forcing them to a standard of what view you want is so much better than the native Kodi approach of folder by folder remembering of the view setting.

Thanks,

Jeff