Thread: Metadata Updating Without Me Asking For It To Happen

Default Metadata Updating Without Me Asking For It To Happen

Mezzmo will often update metadata for 1000s of files when importing multiple files, say 5-20. Or even just adding files one at a time sometimes causes Mezzmo to search for and update metadata for 100s of files.

This doesn't seem right to me. Is there an option somewhere that stops all metadata updates?

My issue is that I like to sort movies in a particular way. For instance, James Bond movies I won't sorted as Bond ## - [Movie Name]. As an example, Dr. No is sorted like Bond 1 - Dr. No. Sometimes when the metadata updates for seemingly random files, one of the bond movies will change how it is sorted.

Any ideas on how I can prevent this?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Jeff; 08-10-2024 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Mezzmo will often update metadata for 1000s of files when importing multiple files, say 5-20. Or even just adding files one at a time sometimes causes Mezzmo to search for and update metadata for 100s of files.

This doesn't seem right to me. Is there an option somewhere that stops all metadata updates?

My issue is that I like to sort movies in a particular way. For instance, James Bond movies I won't sorted as Bond ## - [Movie Name]. As an example, Dr. No is sorted like Bond 1 - Dr. No. Sometimes when the metadata updates for seemingly random files, one of the bond movies will change how it is sorted.

Any ideas on how I can prevent this?

Thank you.
    Mezzmo has a lock feature in the properties dialog box which will keep Mezzmo from rescraping metadata. You can set it individually for each media item in your library or bulk select an entire playlist and set them all.

Also you should also ensure that you have not selected the Update All attributes option in the Maintain Library options. Use the Only Add New items option. Those two things should prevent what is happening.

Thanks,

Jeff

Thank you so much. This will be such a lifesaver.

Is there a way to set this as the default when adding new files? Or will I need to do this for every file added? Totally fine either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Thank you so much. This will be such a lifesaver.

Is there a way to set this as the default when adding new files? Or will I need to do this for every file added? Totally fine either way.
    I am not aware of a built-in Mezzmo default lock option for library items. The coding logic for that could be a bit complex. However, if you use my Mezzmo Trailer Checker addon for local trailers, it has the option to lock your media after updating the local trailers.

The support forum for it is here.

You can also continue to manage it manually. If you have a recently added playlist you could just periodically select all items in the playlist and set the lock icon..

Thanks,

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. Always a great help.