Thread: Playlist Idea (Is it Possible?)

Default Playlist Idea (Is it Possible?)

This is kinda convoluted, so stick with me here.

Is it possible to create a playlist that sort of acts like a TV station? I have my TV shows organized by TV show main folder and each season in a sub-folder under that. So like MASH\Season 01. So my idea is create a playlist that has like MASH, Dukes of Hazard, Twilight Zone, and Big Bang Theory in it. Then play the episodes sequentially across them, in order? So like MASH (S01e01), Dukes of Hazard (S01e01), Twilight Zone (S01e01), Big Bang Theory (S01e01), MASH (S01e02), Dukes of Hazard (S01e02), Twilight Zone (S01e02), Big Bang Theory (S01e02) and so on. The idea being that it would act sort of like a "TV channel" that you could put a list of shows in and just run through the episodes.

Thoughts? Is it possible? Is it a dumb idea? I will put on my flame retardant suit.....heheheh

Quote Originally Posted by ftanner View Post
    This is kinda convoluted, so stick with me here.

Is it possible to create a playlist that sort of acts like a TV station? I have my TV shows organized by TV show main folder and each season in a sub-folder under that. So like MASH\Season 01. So my idea is create a playlist that has like MASH, Dukes of Hazard, Twilight Zone, and Big Bang Theory in it. Then play the episodes sequentially across them, in order? So like MASH (S01e01), Dukes of Hazard (S01e01), Twilight Zone (S01e01), Big Bang Theory (S01e01), MASH (S01e02), Dukes of Hazard (S01e02), Twilight Zone (S01e02), Big Bang Theory (S01e02) and so on. The idea being that it would act sort of like a "TV channel" that you could put a list of shows in and just run through the episodes.

Thoughts? Is it possible? Is it a dumb idea? I will put on my flame retardant suit.....heheheh
    How about an active playlist by year with a smart filter only for the TV series you want as part of the active playlist ? The playlists will be by year but I think that is what you want (or do you want them by series regardless of the year) . I do this today for my movie collection. You might have to add a second level hierarchy for the active playlist for album / series to get the proper groupings or play with the sort sequence but it should work. If you want the series vs. the year just start with album / series for the first level grouping in the active playlist.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 09-10-2024 at 08:07 PM.