Hi,
Like many on the forums, I've been around the block a few times with other products (Twonky, TVersity, PSPMP etc.) before finding Mezzmo as the closest thing to actually working across most devices. I have almost a dozen devices in the house, some work flawlessly, some need tweaking.

I have installed Mezzmo on a WHS (essentially W2K3 SP2), and it has managed to serve and transcode files to my new Sony Bravia TV, and my Archos tablet, and with varying degrees of luck to my Pure Avanti DAB radio (doesn't seem to keep the do not transcode setting on Generic Device 1 profile?). Anyway... My issues so far:

1. Mp4 (generally H264 vid with AAC or AC3 audio) dont seem to work to XBox360
2. Network and transcode settings get lost (maybe this is due to crashing though)
3. MezzmoMediaServer.exe crash every 30 mins or so.

Interestingly - the crashes don't happen when logged in and left logged in. The service runs under the administrator account, and I suspect it has something to do with using a user account profile when not logged in...

Happy to submit logs - but for now - a workaround is to RDP to the server, log in, and disconnect the session (leaving the administrator account logged in). The event log is still recording crashes, but they don't seem so frequent. I have also set the recovery options on the mezzmo service to restart the service 1 minute after it fails.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: (100)
Event ID: 1000
Date: 03/01/2011
Time: 12:25:48
User: N/A
Computer: KEOGH-SERVER
Description:
Faulting application MezzmoMediaServer.exe, version 2.1.12.0, faulting module MezzmoMediaServer.exe, version 2.1.12.0, fault address 0x00056a6a.

(Fault address is different each error).