I am using Mezzmo to file share music files to a Samsung BD C6500. I love that I can do this, but about every 30 min. it appears the connection between Mezzmo and the Blu-ray player drops. Eventually Mezzmo server comes back and displays as an available server (displaying on Samsung as available server). Every other device on the net works fine and doesn't drop, and filesystems on the same computer acting as host always display in Samsung menu. It appears as though the server has stopped, but I cannot catch it in a stopped mode. Manually stopping and starting corrects issue immediately. It appears this typically happens when one song has completed a song and the next is starting. There may be a correlation to .wma files. I am in the process of updating all files to .mp3s and it appears in folders where all files are .mp3 I rarely see the problem. It also seems to display this symptom after the first couple of songs played, but stabilizes a bit, but still does it though closer to 30 min. interval. The most it has run unfaltered is about 60 min. I love yuo product I just want it to work for more extended periods, especially while entertaining guests! Are there any known background processes that can cause this? When running Mezzmo does anti virus software need to be disabled? My next experiments revolve around shutting off background processes. I have installed the latest updates to both the Samsung unit and Mezzmo, and while things have improved steadily it seems, it is never fully fixed. Any configurational or software updates would be appreciated. I bought the Samsung for this sole purpose. I move to Mezzmo for its superior sort capabilities and menuing...please help!