I don't often do this, but I had register just to give my thanks.

I have a Samsung C series TV, which as I understand has a somewhat unique implementation of DNLA. I installed 6 different DNLA servers, of which only 3 were recognized by my TV, and only 2 were able to transcode my MKV files.

PlayOn works, but is extremely sluggish and broke my Skype! Seriously, Skype audio now routes to PlayOn instead of my speakers!

Mezzmo was detected immediately, plays everything I throw at it, and is very snappy.

A few things to bring up:

1. I am a little unsure of the terms of my license. Does it cover a certain number of years, or is it lifetime?
  2. Although my library updates quickly, I get many ffdshow errors. I assume this has to do with thumbnail generation, as I have never had a problem playing a file afterward.
  3. As responsive as you are to the community, I can't help but think Mezzmo would benefit from some sort of third party plugin system. Many of these forum suggestions seem peripheral to the core product, and if some sort of API were available I'm sure some would take a stab at implementation.

Thanks for the great software!