Thread: Please help me downloading this video

Default Please help me downloading this video

Hello,

I tried to download the video from this website for my school http://www.cnbc.com/id/24312855

On my Internet Explorer, DownloadStudio pops a screen saying:

"DownloadStudio has found a transparent SWF Flash file on this web page.
    Use the Download - Image/Flash Files toolbar button on the DownloadStudio toolbar to view flash files used on this page".

I pressed OK, go to the Download - Flash and Image Files, tried several options but couldn't figure it out.

I'm in trial period and wanted to know if DownloadStudio can download the video.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Unfortunately the video stream is in a format DownloadStudio does not support in the current version (RTMP). It is on our list to add support for these streams in an upcoming release.

For now you can use our DownloadStudio A/V capture tool to capture and save the video to your computer.
    Last edited by Brent; 11-05-2008 at 10:17 AM. Reason: provide alternative solution
    Conceiva. Download it with DownloadStudio. Stream it with Mezzmo.

Hello, still trying to download the video, the same link as in 1st post: http://www.cnbc.com/id/24312855

I've upgraded to v5.1.2.0, using Firefox play the cnbc video then on the top bar (below menu) I click the "Download" and "Video", then it is searching for video but the result is:

"Searching for video files completed.

Result: No video files found.

(and other text)."

So the latest version couldn't download the video in the 1st post? or did I miss something?

Thank you for your assistance.

Hi,

Downloading of RTMP files is not implemented as yet in DownloadStudio. At this stage we are looking to implement it for version 6 of DownloadStudio, to be released later in the year.
    Conceiva. Download it with DownloadStudio. Stream it with Mezzmo.