Thread: Compatibility issue with files encoded in Handbrake 0.9.5?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Compatibility issue with files encoded in Handbrake 0.9.5?

Hi,

I have a Sony BDP-S570 and until recently I have been encoding video files using Handbrake 0.9.4 (using the H.264 (x264) codec).

These files do not play natively on the Sony so when I play them, Mezzmo transcodes them, which is fine.

I have just installed the latest version of Handbrake (0.9.5) and I am encoding files in the exact same way, but now I get the message 'File is corrupt or not supported' when trying to play them on the Sony. The files still play fine in iTunes/QuickTime, and a transcoded file is also still created by Mezzmo.

I have downgraded back to the previous version of Handbrake for now, but as this program is widely used I thought I would mention it here in case the issue resides with Mezzmo (and therefore perhaps could be fixed?).

I have attached the diagnostic log files that result from playing a file encoded with both old and new versions of Handbrake if it helps; can provide source files (and transcoded equivalents) if required also.

Thanks,
    Mike

EDIT: I tried encoding a file using MPEG-4(ffmpeg) in v0.9.5 and this worked fine, so the issue only seems to be with the H.264(x264) codec.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by captainham; 01-22-2011 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Additional info