Thread: problem with latest update

Default problem with latest update

Hi

I just installed the latest update today (ver 5.1.1.0), Since the update Ive encountered a couple of problems that were not there prior.. Any advice on how to resolve these would be great

After installing the update, the toolbar no longer appears in ie7, i tried re-integrating into ie but got the error "the app has failed to start as wpcap.dll was not found", ok, so i grabbed the file from the net and re-try'd the integration. This time i was advised that packet.dll was missing, so again i grabbed the file and dropped it in my system dir. Tried again and got the error "the procedure entry point packetgetreadevent could not be located in the dynamic link library packet.dll". So kinda stuck now, i should add that the toolbar does appear when i use firefox however when clicking "url sniffer" i get the same "packet.dll" error that i recieve from the failed integration in IE7.

Any ideas on this?, I should add that these issues only arose after installing the update, as it was running well prior to this.

edit

I have uninstalled 5.1.1.0 and re-installed a previous build (5.0.2.0) to see if the problem persists, As i type everything is working correctly under the previous build, but would like to upgrade to 5.1.1.0 if anyone knows a solution..

thanks
    Last edited by red83; 11-04-2008 at 10:30 PM.

We have tested this out here and have been unable to reproduce the error as described.

The errors you are receiving are caused by WinPcap not being installed on your machine. Packet.dll and wpcap.dll are both files that are installed with WinPcap which is installed when you install DownloadStudio.

Can you please try upgrading to v5.1.1.0 again, I am confident it should work. If it is not working and is missing the same dll's, then try installing WinPcap from http://www.winpcap.org/install/default.htm

Also please let me know the result, if there is a problem with the latest upgrade we would like to fix it ASAP.
    Conceiva. Download it with DownloadStudio. Stream it with Mezzmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    We have tested this out here and have been unable to reproduce the error as described.

The errors you are receiving are caused by WinPcap not being installed on your machine. Packet.dll and wpcap.dll are both files that are installed with WinPcap which is installed when you install DownloadStudio.

Can you please try upgrading to v5.1.1.0 again, I am confident it should work. If it is not working and is missing the same dll's, then try installing WinPcap from http://www.winpcap.org/install/default.htm

Also please let me know the result, if there is a problem with the latest upgrade we would like to fix it ASAP.
    Hi, thanks for checking on that.

I finally resolved the issue a few hours ago.. For some reason the problem only appeared when i tried to update from a previous version (I tried the update a few times with the same results), however, After completely uninstalling downloadstudio i tried a clean install of the app after clearing out some dead registry entries.

On this occasion the install went without a hitch and the app runs perfectly..

Again thanks for looking into this, Strange this only occured from the update though..

Thanks for the information, glad it is working now.

At this stage we have not found a reason for the problem, but we will do some more investigation and monitor the problem to see if it is effecting other users.
    Conceiva. Download it with DownloadStudio. Stream it with Mezzmo.