Thread: Netflix Audio drop outs

Default Netflix Audio drop outs

I have the Sony SMP N100 that I am using with an LG 46" TV. I use the wireless Sony BNP NTSC profile with a Netgear N router. When I play any streaming movie, say from Netflix, the audio portion drops out every 20-30 seconds for ~30 seconds or so and then returns, only to drop out again after ~20-30 seconds. Really impossible to watch anything. The video portion is OK.

What is happening here? I did a search on the forum but did not find any information.

Appreciate any help as I recently purchased this program and hope I have not wasted my money.

Thank you.

It sounds like it could be a network issue since it is not using Mezzmo for Netflix.
    Which device is getting the Netflix?

Our Samsung Blu-Ray player gets Netflix, but since it is wireless, it is much worse than our Sony TV (hardwired).
    The Samsung drops audio, while the Sony does not. We no longer use the Samsung for streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by hollis3 View Post
    It sounds like it could be a network issue since it is not using Mezzmo for Netflix.
    Which device is getting the Netflix?

Our Samsung Blu-Ray player gets Netflix, but since it is wireless, it is much worse than our Sony TV (hardwired).
    The Samsung drops audio, while the Sony does not. We no longer use the Samsung for streaming.
    Thanks. The problem is that it worked fine up until recently and nothing, that I am aware of, has changed with the Router. The one thing that I noticed is that the Attached Devices shows two entries for this unit. I sent a note to Conceiva and they said not to worry as two entries could show if you had a wireless and a wired connection. I only have a wireless on the TV so that comment was bogus I would think,

I checked the Router and current software and found that I am up to date there. I'll keep screwing around with this but the main reason I purchased any of this was to have access to Netflix in the bedroom. If I can't get it to work it is a waste of money for me.

Thanks again for your commets.

I show 2 connections for our TV. I believe it was because it reconnected with a different IP address. It should have nothing to do with Netflix. At most, adding mezzmo could have changed your network traffic. Good luck.

Adric Guest

Is this only happing with Netflix? You can stop the Mezzmo Media Server and this will stop Mezzmo from communicating with the Network and see if that helps. This is very unlikely to be us. It could be to do with how fast your internet connection is.