Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Samsung C650 Does not always connect

Default Samsung C650 Does not always connect

Hi I am having a few connection problems to my TV. Sometimes when switched on it just does not see Mezzmo until I restart the server or service, sometimes it finds it but after about 5/10 mins of the TV being switched on and it just pops up, ocassionaly it comes on straight away. After this inital problem then all seems to be fine until I turn off and start again later. Any ideas on what might be my issue?

I am running the TV on it's own dedicated 5GHz wireless N access point connected to my Belkin router via wired 100mb. This in turn runs a seperate 2GHz wireless G access point for all my other wireless devices such as laptop/squeezebox/PS3/Xbox360. My server is running Windows 7 and is connected to router via 100Mb/wired connection. I do run squeezebox sever as well from same PC. I have denied access to all other devices on Mezzmo and all other devices on my TV.

I've the same problem with my le46c650

Good to know its not just my setup then. It's really intermitent too. It took it at least 15mins to register earlier today thankfully I was not actually needing it. I guess for the time being I am going to have to restart the server every time I want to use it, which is far from convienent as I have to log in from my laptop. It's a shame as it really is the best software out there for dlna.

Adric Guest

This could be to do with the IP addresses changing when you start the devices up. Please do not block any of the other devices. Please remove all the devices from the Media devices and then start the Media server again and see if it populates with your TV. If this does show up please test it. If it does not detect Mezzmo try adding the IP address to Mezzmo and see if this helps.

We would like to try to replicate this issue. Is there any steps we can perform to make this occur?

I don't use DHCP though. I use fixed IP's for all my devices so it cannot be that.

Adric Guest

If its not detected please add the Ip address for your device and see if that works. Please make sure you are using the same subnet i.e. 192.168.1.0-192.168.1.254

Ok, tried everything last night. Removed all devices from list. As soon as I restarted server it all registered fine and TV sees the share. Turned off TV then back on again and you loose it and if lucky it comes back maybe t10/15 mins later. If you restart the server at any point it will reconnect instantly. Not ideal as I do not want to have to log in to my server everytime I want to watch a movie. As I dont use DHCP could this be a problem?

Also been having a lot of skipping frames whilst watching 1080p mkvs. I do not get any buffering problems where it pauses and has to load the data just random frame skips. The PC was not running any other apps at the time. When I turn off my Access point the movie continues to run for a good 10secs or more so it does seem to be buffering ok.

weird, i have a C650 on wireless-N as well and never have connection issues. i use DHCP, but i use DHCP reservation on the TV so it always has the same IP.

i did get some MKV issues using the default Samsung profile from Mezzmo, but since I switched it to the Samsung-BDP profile its been better and doesnt transcode everything

I tried that profile but seemed to skip more. What band are you on for Wireless N 2.4 or 5? Might switch my network to DHCP and see if it sorts things.

Adric Guest

I would also suggest you connect everything by wires to eliminate the possibility that it could be causing issues.