Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't find Artwork?

Default Can't find Artwork?

Hi All,

Mezzmo doesn't seem to be able to find internet artwork for most of my video collection for some reason.

Is there some way to direct to a better source?

XBMC finds everything straight away.

Well it seems the only way to get Internet Artwork is to go to Properties of each file and select "Get Internet Artwork" and manually select the cover photo.

Not good when you have 500 movies

Adric Guest

You need to press Maintain Library and get internet artwork.

Hi Adric,

I have done that several times and it either locks Mezzmo up or it completes and seems to grab some screen shots from the video itself.....like the Warner Bros title screen.

I have manually done about 100 already and got the correct artwork.....I don't want to refresh it now and lose that work.

This issue has got me wondering why its not finding a single piece of movie artwork even when you tell it to do it from scratch.

I have just installed it on a virtual machine and copied 5 movies into the new blank library. I then set it to auto manage the artwork. It produced artwork based on the opening 1-2 seconds of the movie. So I killed the VM and rebuilt it. Reloaded the movies and Mezzmo. I then disabled internet access for the VM and tried it again. Same result. No errors or anything.....it doesn't even go to the internet for artwork.

My testing has shown that Mezzmo will not go to the Internet and fetch artwork unless you manually do it yourself by selecting a file in the library, right click and select properties and then select "Get Internet Artwork".

This is pretty poor and should be fixed as it is a basic function is some of the worst media server offerings.

I updated my Mezzmo library for the first time yesterday where my video artwork was updated
    -- my video file names were aligned to IMDb file names example "Avatar (2009).mkv" (mis-matches will not update)
    -- what this update did for my photographs was brilliant - I can see the photo before opening the file.

I assume that you have not done below

Mezzmo provides option to "Maintain your Mezzmo Library"

Tick "Update Information about information in your Mezzmo library"

Tick "Music" "Video files" "image files"

Tick "get artwork from internet"

Tick "Schedule daily at" and select a time

Adric Guest

We have built Mezzmo so it gets a thumbnail from the Movie file and not from the internet. This feature is only for the audio files. I will add it to our todo list.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
    I updated my Mezzmo library for the first time yesterday where my video artwork was updated
    -- my video file names were aligned to IMDb file names example "Avatar (2009).mkv" (mis-matches will not update)
    -- what this update did for my photographs was brilliant - I can see the photo before opening the file.
    Can you tell me where in Mezzmo it tells you that it goes to IMDB to get the artwork. The only setting in options is for music artwork from freedb.freedb.org

[QUOTE=bigdog;5691I assume that you have not done below

Mezzmo provides option to "Maintain your Mezzmo Library"

Tick "Update Information about information in your Mezzmo library"

Tick "Music" "Video files" "image files"

Tick "get artwork from internet"

Tick "Schedule daily at" and select a time[/QUOTE]

Actually I have tried all of this and it still doesn't get the artwork unless I manually do it via properties. As I said above I have tested this several times....so unless you know of a setting I am missing then I'm still at square 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Adric View Post
    We have built Mezzmo so it gets a thumbnail from the Movie file and not from the internet. This feature is only for the audio files. I will add it to our todo list.
    Thanks adric....thats the answer I was looking for....so I didn't assume that I was going mad.

Bigdog...not sure how yours works so brilliantly as you describe above.....you must have a blessed version or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Adric View Post
    Adric,

Yes my movies all now display "thumbnails" which was updated yesterday when I used "Maintain Your Mezzmo Library"
    -- must assume that the video file name must agree to the standard video file name (I check my file names with IMDb) where I assume that mismatches will not update!
    -- I can only assumed that this happened because I ticked "Get Artwork from the Internet

I can only assume the "thumbnails" can also be described as "artwork"