Thread: MEZZMO VIDEO LIBRARY INFORMATION - INCLUDE ADDITIONAL FIELD FOR Storyline OR Plotline

Default MEZZMO VIDEO LIBRARY INFORMATION - INCLUDE ADDITIONAL FIELD FOR Storyline OR Plotline

Currently the Mezzmo Library provides option to "get artwork from the internet" for files

Currenly Mezzmo displays file "info"

Request an additional library field to include the "Storyline" for video files and an library option to "get Storyline from the internet"
    -- also Mezzmo to get the "Year" and "Genre" information and update the Mezzmo library "year" and "Genre" library fields.

Mezzmo provides for my Panasonic Viera TV to display the file "info" by clicking the [blue info button] on my TV remote before opening the file.

Request that the new "Storyline" field be also displayed when selecting by using [blue info button]

Perhaps:
    - the first TV remote click on the [blue info button] displays the "media properties"

- the second TV remote click on the [blue info button] displays the "Storyline" field

EMDB and XBMC includes "Storyline" in there systems!!

IMDB provides two text descriptions for the video Avatar.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499549/
    Genres:Action | Adventure | Fantasy | Sci-Fi

Untitled
    A paraplegic marine dispatched to the moon Pandora on a unique mission becomes torn between following his orders and protecting the world he feels is his home.

Storyline
    When his brother is killed in a robbery, paraplegic Marine Jake Sully decides to take his place in a mission on the distant world of Pandora. There he learns of greedy corporate figurehead Parker Selfridge's intentions of driving off the native humanoid "Na'vi" in order to mine for the precious material scattered throughout their rich woodland. In exchange for the spinal surgery that will fix his legs, Jake gathers intel for the cooperating military unit spearheaded by gung-ho Colonel Quaritch, while simultaneously attempting to infiltrate the Na'vi people with the use of an "avatar" identity. While Jake begins to bond with the native tribe and quickly falls in love with the beautiful alien Neytiri, the restless Colonel moves forward with his ruthless extermination tactics, forcing the soldier to take a stand - and fight back in an epic battle for the fate of Pandora. Written by The Massie Twins

mezzmo.jpg
    Last edited by bigdog; 02-02-2011 at 10:10 AM.

Adric Guest

This is a good idea but even if we have all this data not many devices will be able to read them. It will only be populated in our database much like lyrics are right now.

What info button are you talking about, what device are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Adric View Post
    This is a good idea but even if we have all this data not many devices will be able to read them. It will only be populated in our database much like lyrics are right now.

What info button are you talking about, what device are you using?
    Adric,

My only device is my Panasonic P50V20A TV (brilliant because I do not have to use and another device with its remote)
    -- Mezzmo totally controlled by my TV remote

I access Mezzmo using my Panasonic TV remote control using"
    <Viera Tools>
    <Media Server>
    <Mezzmo>
    <Video>
    <Folders>
    down to video file which also displays the artwork that my database has imported from the internet (library option)

-- Mezzmo mirrors and displays the four Panasonic four coloured buttons [red] [green] [yellow and [blue] on my remote control
    -- the [Blue] button is labelled "info" by Mezzmo which display the media properties for the file.

You received Panasonic TV's last week and can only suggest that your try what I am currently doing (above).

I imagine that this data will be ultimatley stored in my mezzmo.db

Does Mezzmo get artwork from your database or the internet?
    -- If My mezzmo.db gets the artwork from the internet then why not get "storyline" from the internet when it gets the artwork for video files!!
    Last edited by bigdog; 02-02-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Adric Guest

I have tired this on our Panasonic TV. The TV is getting this data from the video file and not from us. We cannot change this because its what the TV is doing and we have no control in this area.

We can add this data to our database but at this stage we dont have a device that can display any of this information.