Thread: DTV H24 thin-client support

Default DTV H24 thin-client support

Mezzmo ver 2.1.13 upgrade notes states the DTV HR24 is supported. Is the H24 connected by coax to the HR24 also supported? In other words would I be able to play Mezzmo content with the H24 thin client or only with the HR24 DVR?

Thanks...

Adric Guest

By Coax do you mean antenna cable? I am sorry but I dont understand what you mean.

Coax, unbalanced transmission line, satellite dish cable, it's all the same. DTV networks over the satellite cable with current equipment. The HR23-700 shares recorded content with the H21/23 in this way. Data travels from HR to dish antenna to H box and vise-versa via cable.
    See: http://www.techislands.com/201005103...onal-soon.html Imagine it's like any other network segment and Mezzmo should work so long as Mezzmo supports the H24 client as well as the HR24 PVR but thought I should check first before making a commitment on upgrading.

Adric Guest

The H24 does not have Media Share so it cannot see DLNA servers. So we dont think it can be supported.

If someone has this device can they please test it. We are in Australia and don't have access to this device.
    Last edited by Adric; 02-04-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Good point. You got me searching more and learned the firmware in the HR24 stutters and doesn't work well anyways. I would expect the HR24 & H24 would receive a firmware update that would make media share functional at some point. DTV isn't very speedy with product support. I'll wait til both 24's are known to be working well.