Thread: DownloadStudio's treacherous behavior

Default DownloadStudio's treacherous behavior

Greeting,
    I'm writing this to report a critical issue with DownloadStudio, as this the third time it is happening and I can't stand it anymore.

A few days ago, I captured a number of video links from C&C Movies via DownloadStudio and set them to be downloaded while I attended to other concerns. When I returned, DownloadStudio had reported all files as downloaded successfully. But then, I discovered that it was otherwise. Files were only partially downloaded but those parts which were left unfinished were filled with some sort of ballast data, so that end file size was correct.

This was not the first time that it had happened. A few weeks before that, I was once trying to download a number of Microsoft Learning Snack videos when I discovered that some of these files are corrupt. Two month before that, I was downloading some of CATIA tutorial videos with Windows that realized downloads end prematurely. I used DownloadStudio and same things happened, but I realized days later due to DownloadStudio fill un-downloaded portions with ballast data.

This failure is partly the fault of the server hosting the download. These servers report download completion prematurely when their incoming traffic is too high. However, a Download Manager application like DownloadStudio should not be fooled, let alone fooling its user.

Thank you for reporting the issue.

This issue has been resolved. We are planning to release an update this week (5.1.2) and this fix will be included.
    Conceiva. Download it with DownloadStudio. Stream it with Mezzmo.