Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sony BDP-S370/570 - Does anyone have Mezzmo working 100% with it?

I respectfully disagree with the point that it is not a Mezzmo issue. I've tried approximately ten different media servers and Mezzmo appears to be the only one to exhibit the issue with dropping streamed avi files. I do agree that Sony quality has somewhat decreased in recent years, but I think this issue still lies with Mezzmo.

If Sony implemented all known Codecs in their Hardware and Microsofts WMP would play all known medias every problem we actually have would be non existent. DLNA should make things easyer not more complicated. Im not very amused about tha actual situation beeing a Labour-Rat trying to find out how to get technics to work... And Mezzmo is at this time the best Software for Sony´s DLNA Products. Its sure not perfect, but if they try to make gold out of shit than its not unexpected that they will fail

By the way: Windows Media Player has several times freezes for one second on playback of divx contents, but it did not drop, it just continues Playback. So its surely over 80% a Sony issue!

I used the last jear Tversity with the mentioned Netgear Streamer and because of the implicated Codecs everything works fine (but not with theyr own streaming Software). DLNA is like 3D TVs: No one needs them, only a few people knows how they work, but everyone would buy them. In the end to finding out, that they didnt work like they should...

OK enough political and economical discussions.... My device also didnt work with the new Mezzmo Version and for me personally also gets worser because of the Stopps after pressing pause, and the randomly stops at divx Playback. At a price of nearly 30€ not very funny. Also not funny the BDP malfunctions at the price of 130€

HTC
    Last edited by HTC; 03-14-2011 at 06:44 AM.

I have tried Aaron407's "patch" profile and find that it works as advertised. The FF/RW seems to function but I still have problems with stopping in the middle of a video.

I have contacted support for their upgraded profile version but I am still awaiting a response from them. Not in a hurry...

To be honest, I don't think this is necessarily an issue with the profile. I also contacted the support group, but the updated profiles I was provided with didn't really remedy the situation. I was told to use the SonyBDP NTSC (No DivX) updated profile in order to have DivX transcode, which they had enabled FF/RW functionality for in 2.2, while the updated DivX-compatible profile was not yet fixed to repair the lack of FF/RW functionality. Their new no-DivX profile still exhibited the same freezing/stopping problem as before.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it's an issue somewhere else in the program code, but I could be wrong. I'm crossing my fingers that, with the help of the logs I sent them, they come to a conclusion sometime soon since my wife is quickly losing her patience with our media server setup due to this issue.

Default "New" Sony BDP

I downloaded and tried the profile from Conceiva support and it did not function properly. No FF/RW and unsure about the stopping issue.

However, out of frustration I tried the Sony HT NTSC profile and that seems to work better. I have FF/RW but not sure about the stopping issue as I have not had the time to fully test that possible fix.

Will keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by HTC View Post
    By the way: Windows Media Player has several times freezes for one second on playback of divx contents, but it did not drop, it just continues Playback. So its surely over 80% a Sony issue!

HTC
    Forgive me, but I'm failing to follow your logic in this statement. Playing a file in WMP on your computer is a world apart from playing via DLNA on a bluray player. There are many additional variables introduced in the latter, so to state that it's merely a Sony issue is very much jumping to conclusions and ignoring the various other potential failure points that exist.

In my testing, I have tried a number of other media servers, of which none exhibited the freezing/stopping problem after a pause or randomly during playback of DivX files. Since these programs are having to conform to the DLNA protocol as Mezzmo does but do not exhibit the same symptoms playing the same files on the same player, this undoubtedly tells me that the bug is inherent in the remaining variable, that being Mezzmo. However, Mezzmo as a software package is fantastic and the support is second to none, so I have no doubts that the problem will be tracked down and solved soon.

We are working on a solution right now and, as soon as it is ready, it will be available for all users to download & try. Thanks for your patience.

Mezzmo Android: Install it on your tablet, smartphone, Android TV or Amazon Fire to browse and stream files from your Mezzmo library to all your devices. Full details at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mez...mo_android.asp
    Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on: Install it into Kodi to stream files from your Mezzmo library directly in Kodi. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...odi_user_guide
    Mezzmo for Roku App: Install it onto your Roku to stream files from your Mezzmo library. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...oku_user_guide
    Wiki: User Guides & Reference Manual at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Mezzmo.DLNA.Server
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/conceiva_mezzmo
    Web: http://www.mezzmo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron407 View Post
    Forgive me, but I'm failing to follow your logic in this statement. Playing a file in WMP on your computer is a world apart from playing via DLNA on a bluray player. There are many additional variables introduced in the latter, so to state that it's merely a Sony issue is very much jumping to conclusions and ignoring the various other potential failure points that exist.

In my testing, I have tried a number of other media servers, of which none exhibited the freezing/stopping problem after a pause or randomly during playback of DivX files. Since these programs are having to conform to the DLNA protocol as Mezzmo does but do not exhibit the same symptoms playing the same files on the same player, this undoubtedly tells me that the bug is inherent in the remaining variable, that being Mezzmo. However, Mezzmo as a software package is fantastic and the support is second to none, so I have no doubts that the problem will be tracked down and solved soon.
    If u tried a lot of Media servers, than u should know, that WMP/Windows has also the ability to stream using DLNA. Its the only Reason, why DLNA becomed standard. So i talked about streaming with WMP not just playback files localy!

The issue with the ramdom stops is known about 2 Months, and Sony and Samsung seemed to be the main affected products. I also have no doubt about the support ability of the mezzmo team, but for me it is a step backwards.

By the way i solved the HDMI issue:
    Seemes to be a hardware revision conflict with the HDMI connections. My TV has one of the first HDMI rev and the BDP has the newest one. Using Component Input has solved the problems. Are now 5 separated cables (YUV+Audio-L/R), but works without any blank screens.

HTC

Quote Originally Posted by HTC View Post
    If u tried a lot of Media servers, than u should know, that WMP/Windows has also the ability to stream using DLNA. Its the only Reason, why DLNA becomed standard. So i talked about streaming with WMP not just playback files localy!

The issue with the ramdom stops is known about 2 Months, and Sony and Samsung seemed to be the main affected products. I also have no doubt about the support ability of the mezzmo team, but for me it is a step backwards.

By the way i solved the HDMI issue:
    Seemes to be a hardware revision conflict with the HDMI connections. My TV has one of the first HDMI rev and the BDP has the newest one. Using Component Input has solved the problems. Are now 5 separated cables (YUV+Audio-L/R), but works without any blank screens.

HTC
    Understood. When you stated Windows Media Player rather than WMP Media Server it threw me off, but we're on the same page now. I did actually try WMP media server, but the lack of transcoding was a showstopper for me. I've tried Vuze, Wild Media Server, PS3 Media Server, Tversity, Serviio, Twonky, WMP Media Server, iSedora, Whitebear, Samsung's media manager (installed but never used) and Mezzmo, with Mezzmo easily coming out on top for me due to its features.

Also, the random stops have also been shown to occur in WD TV Live boxes, so it seems to go beyond Sony and Samsung, which is why I have a feeling it's something in the program code rather than the individual profiles. At any rate, Paul says they're on top of the issue, so I'll continue to wait patiently for an update.

Count me as another 570 user waiting on the update. The prior version worked fine but 2.2 randomly pauses and crashes. Even when working the transcoding creates a lot of artifacts. Considered another media server but will wait first for the fix....please expedite.