Thread: Download Monitor not appearing

Default Download Monitor not appearing

I am using Vista Ultimate 64-bit, and I'm having trouble getting the download monitor to automatically appear.

Whether or not DownloadStudio is running (it's minimized when it is) if I download something in Google Chrome it properly downloads in DownloadStudio but without showing the Download Monitor window.

In the Options dialog, under DownloadStudio Monitor, I have the first and third checkboxes ticked, which I think should make it appear when a download starts as long as the main window isn't open.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Hi,

You are right, in that if you have the first and third options checked for the 'Monitor' options, then the monitor window should appear when a download starts (if the main downloadstudio window is not visible).

We have not been able to reproduce this yet, but will keep trying. If possible, can you tell me if you only have this problem with chrome, or does the same problem happens when catching an internet explorer download?
    Conceiva. Download it with DownloadStudio. Stream it with Mezzmo.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    If possible, can you tell me if you only have this problem with chrome, or does the same problem happens when catching an internet explorer download?
    It happens during all downloads.

I think I did figure it out, however.

I used the "silent" option for starting downloads, and it seems that suppresses the status window as well.

Isn't there some way I can use silent mode (not have to confirm each download) but still automatically have it pop up the status window?

In the meantime, I turned off silent mode, and set it to Advanced and will make do with an extra dialog each time.

Thanks!

Thanks for the investigation work.

I will take a closer look, but I agree the silent option and the display monitor option should be made independent.
    Conceiva. Download it with DownloadStudio. Stream it with Mezzmo.