I am currently demoing both WMS and Mezzmo. My experience with media servers has thus far been limited to PS3 Media Server. I've read good reviews on Mezzmo, have tried it and like it but am having some issues with some .mkvs not playing, whilst other .mkvs play just fine. Paul has offered a suggestion as to a possible fix but I have not yet utilized that to see if it indeed works. The reason why, is I found out about WMS and am currently trying it out. WMS works perfectly and plays all the files I've thrown at it.

I honestly like Mezzmo and its simplicity of setup (not that WMS was hard), not a lot of confusing options and support looks to be great. I feel if the first suggestion from Paul doesn't solve my issue that they will eventually get it worked out. On the flipside, WMS has an absolute plethora of options and settings. I see that as a good and a bad thing. Good, because I feel it can be setup to handle about anything thrown at it. Bad, because I don't know what 80% of the settings/options are/do.

I really just need some help from you guys. Have any of you here perhaps used WMS or even switched from WMS to Mezzmo? If so, why? I'm just really torn as the price difference isn't much and both look to be fine pieces of software. I just need to figure out which one will suite me best.

Looking forward to your suggestions.