Thread: Black videos captured

Default Black videos captured

I'm using the audio/video capture function to try to capture videos from WMP and Real Player. The audio is fine but the video is black. I've searched for troubleshooting info and all I find is info on DownloadStudio automatically turning off hardware acceleration. I'm assuming this is happening since the entire screen does go black for a second when starting and stopping the recording.

I've also tried following the recommendations for updating the options or preferences in both players so they don't use acceleration. This only made the recorder start and stop immediately without recording a thing.

By the way, I'm running XP and not Vista. Not sure what other info might be helpful. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.

Can you try to turn off the video acceleration within WMP (or Real Player) before trying to capture.

In WMP this is located in the performance tab of the options dialog.
    Conceiva. Download it with DownloadStudio. Stream it with Mezzmo.

Yes I have tried that. I put the slider down to none for video acceleration. Any other thoughts?

Are you able to capture other windows? or is it just the video in WMP and real player?

If all videos are turning out black, it is likely that your video card is not disabling hardware acceleration. If it is just certain video applications then it is likely that the software also has an acceleration setting. It is possible that even when chaging these settings in the hardware device and the software that acceleration is still being used, if this is the case then A/V capture will not be able to capture the video. You can see if there is any driver updates for your display card.
    Conceiva. Download it with DownloadStudio. Stream it with Mezzmo.