Hello,

In an effort to centralize my media I have disabled Twonky media server (which never worked in the first place) and installed the trial Mezzmo 2.2 version on my WHS.

The problems I have encountered I hope, are user error. This would be amazing it if worked!

I have added a avi to the video folder on my WHS. The sony 470 can't play anything but mpeg4's so I'm assuming it has to transcode it on the fly. I can find mezzmo and the video, it loads, but upon playing it ends abruptly, goes back to the beginning and plays again, only this time a bit longer, then stops and goes back to the beginning. You can pause, FF and RW.

Next, the samsung. Same scenario as above, load the video, only this time you can only pause but are unable to FF or RW the video. A few minutes in the video just stops.

My setup is as follows:
Windows Home Server 1.8ghz 2gb ram with 8 TB of storage
Wired gigabit ethernet through house
Sony BDP s470 (wired ethernet)
Samsung BD-C5500 (wired ethernet)

Now I'm not sure if there's some setting I haven't looked at or a conflict with the video folder on WHS as I have to manually drag/drop videos through the Remote Desktop Control interface on my WHS.

Ultimately I would LOVE it if the software allows you to pause, stop, FF, RW video from your WHS in either mpeg4, avi, etc. So far it's been an absolute waste of my time to convert with handbrake on my mac and then drag/drop on a usb stick to watch it in the theater room.

I'm hoping for some good feedback and tips cause if it can work, you'll have another happy customer! (God I hate Twonky)