Thread: Latest Patch - Sa msung C will no longer support previously played files...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Latest Patch - Sa msung C will no longer support previously played files...

Great. Now loads of my films are no longer playable due to a patch that I installed. Was fine before. At least I now have the option to pick up at the point that I stopped on the few films I can watch.

This business of media servers is flakey to say the least.

Also, some files that played completely fine before are now stopping every 30 seconds and "loading" so I can watch the next 30 seconds. They were totally playable before too.

And while we're on the subject, pictures taken with my new camera aren't supported either. How's that? I bought this software because it was supposed to re-encode on the fly... doesn't seem to do that with JPEG's though. Surely a picture file format is either supported or it isn't.

The reason I payed for this was so it was supported and I could get the benefit of updates in the tech. I could have just picked up a copy of out of date version for nothing that would have worked better than I have now.

I've done nothing to the PC it runs on other than installed a patch because I happened to be on the phone at the time and I was reading the news on the web. Usually I just boot it up and walk away, don't even turn the monitor on ...so it's not
    user input error.

A real shame as I has recommended this to a few people before now.
    Last edited by Manny; 04-28-2011 at 08:04 AM.