Thread: Problem with downloading from a website

Default Problem with downloading from a website

I have been using ansee.com for years but just since March 1, 2009, I get only get the html and not the song I want to download. All other sites, I have no problem with. I have tried to find out how to solve this but am now totally stumped as to how to correct it. Any suggestions?

Downloading a file and only getting a html file usually indicates either there is a problem with the URL, or the URL needs cookie information to be downloaded correctly. DownloadStudio will try and get cookies from IE, Firefox and Opera browsers, but sometimes the cookie may be expired and cause the download to fail.

We are unable to test the site you mentioned specifically as we don't have an account.

First thing to try when you get an unexpected HTML file downloaded, is to open the HTML file that has been downloaded and the content may give you a clue about the problem (For example if it is a file sharing site the HTML downloaded may tell you that the file no longer exists).

I would also suggest to make sure you use click monitoring to capture the download, that way the cookie information will be passed directly to DownloadStudio.

Also you can try deleting your cookie jar in the browser you are using, if it has slightly corrupted or contains some strange information it may be stopping DownloadStudio from accessing the cookies.
    Conceiva. Download it with DownloadStudio. Stream it with Mezzmo.