Thread: A 'Portable' version of DownloadStudio

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A 'Portable' version of DownloadStudio

You guys on here ever use or heard of portable apps
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_application

We 'portable' fans out here need a portable version of this fine application called DownloadStudio so we could pop it on my usb stick and use same download manager across many computers (personal use).

A portable version can be a prompt option for during the install process... click on image for example

.... or alternatively if the devloper staff feels that a 'portable' should not exist at all as choice during installation then why not consider a separate downloadable build that is portable (.zip package) and that reuires no install, writing to registry, writing to folders other than the application's own folder. The portable may be a bit more stripped down than the installer version however most of what I want is in DownloadStudio including manual pasting of bulk clipboard links (sweet!) + gorgeous UI, I feel this is a really completed download manager.

Especially if the installing of the WinPCAP and other system/driver stuff for the streaming feature in DownloadStudio, if this can be averted in both installer and a future portable versions - as some people may not need it or never use streaming

What is the thoughts on a portable version?
    Last edited by barry; 03-17-2009 at 11:06 PM.