Hi Dennis,

I've got Mezzmo 2.3.2.0 trial running on an i3-540 - Windows 7 Home Premium - SP1. For testing, I'm sharing a small library of test files, maybe 100 files.

When I browse Mezzmo's shared media folders via UPnP/DLNA on any of my DMP Players on my network (Samsung BD-C5500, Sony SMP-N100, WDTV Live, Windows XBMC), everything seems to work fine. Folder browsing is speedy and reliable, and Mezzmo does a terrific job transcoding or remuxing to the devices that are finicky about codecs or containers.

However, when I attempt to browse Mezzmo via any of the below apps on iPhone (iOS 4.01) or Samsung Galaxy Tab (7" Android 2.2), Mezzmo is quite slow to respond. When I click on any of Mezzmo's shared folders, any of these apps can take 3-12 seconds to show the contents of each folder. This appears to be unrelated to the loading of thumbnails, as it happens even in folders without thumbnails, or when I turn off thumbnail loading in the apps that allow for it. In comparision, when I use the same apps to browse TVersity or Orb on another, older machine (P4), folder browsing is quite speedy, as I'd expect it to be. To rule out any possible issues with the computer on which Mezzmo is running, I installed TVersity on the same machine and it responds in an expectedly speedy fashion.

iPhone apps tested:
PlugPlayer (very slow and unreliable with PlugPlayer in particular, IMO the best DLNA app for the iPhone)
Media:Connect
AirPlayer
MediaLink Player Light
Eyecon Troller
SongBook UPnP
SmartStor Fusion Stream
ZappoTV
LivingMediaPlayer
ThreeSums Lite
UPnPeek
8Player Lite

Android apps tested:
UPnPlay
Skifta
Twonky
AndroMote
Eyecon Troller
Sitecom aMedia Control
SharkMote Free

Any thoughts as to why Mezzmo (and not TVersity or Orb) is so slow with iPhone / Android apps, while working fine with other DLNA players? Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,
Chris