Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: A Guide to Chaptering on Samsung TVs

I have a Samsung LE46C750 and chaptering is working fine with Mezzmo 2.5.0.0. However, the chapter lengths vary from 7 minutes to 23 minutes depending on which video files I am watching.
    I would like to alter the 23 minutes file to 10 or 15 minutes, but cannot find any.prf files in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Conceiva\Mezzmo folder. I cannot find a SamsungLA.prf file either, or any .mta files in my Videos folder.
    I would be grateful for any help.please.
    Many thanks.

P.S. Used .mta template and worked okay,thanks. Is there any way of letting the tv display more than 5 chapters?
    Last edited by Booms; 03-12-2012 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Booms View Post
    I have a Samsung LE46C750 and chaptering is working fine with Mezzmo 2.5.0.0. However, the chapter lengths vary from 7 minutes to 23 minutes depending on which video files I am watching.
    I would like to alter the 23 minutes file to 10 or 15 minutes, but cannot find any.prf files in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Conceiva\Mezzmo folder. I cannot find a SamsungLA.prf file either, or any .mta files in my Videos folder.
    I would be grateful for any help.please.
    Many thanks.

P.S. Used .mta template and worked okay,thanks. Is there any way of letting the tv display more than 5 chapters?
    Booms,

glad you have chapters working, they really improve Mezzmo and sets it apart from the other packages out there.
    As for chapter lengths, the default length can be adjusted from the Device Profile which is in:
    C:\ProgramData\Conceiva\Mezzmo\DeviceProfiles

However the default chapter length is based on the total length of the media file, so split into fifths for example. It's a good way to do it since you can't add more than 5 chapter points. I remember someone on this forum adding more and it made no difference.
    The original implementation did use 10mins i think, and users prefered the percent split since a 2hr film for example didn't work with only 5x 10min chapters.

The other way is to use the local .MTA files as you have found out.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Gus

Thanks for the advice.
    I don't have the "C:\ProgramData\Conceiva\Mezzmo\DeviceProfiles " folders,(not in Program Files either. I have the Conceiva\Mezzmo folders...but no DeviceProfiles?) so I can not edit the Device Profile.
    But I will carry on putting .MTA files in for any that I wish to adjust.
    Many thanks.

try:
    c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data

XP etc uses this folder, Windows7, Vista or Server2008 etc uses the newer programdata for app data files.

I am using Windows 7 Ulltimate 64 bit, but still cannot find this folder/file.

Ok, so it will be c:\programdata for sure. Open this folder and do a search for *.prf and see what it finds.
    Alternatively just do a full search across my computer for samsungla.prf

It is there somewhere!

I am getting very confused now. There is no c:\programdata folder ( various Google searches have told me to look in C:\Users folder, but it is not there either).
    And having run a search on My Computer I cannot find the samsungla.prf file either.
    I have chosed to display hidden folders and files, and still no joy.

I am getting very confused now. There is no c:\programdata folder ( various Google searches have told me to look in C:\Users folder, but it is not there either).
    And having run a search on My Computer I cannot find the samsungla.prf file either.
    I believe its a hidden Folder. You need to go to folder options and display hidden files/folders.

edit: sorry, missed the part that you already are displaying hidden folders.

you're confused? me too.

ok back to basics...

1. What folders do you have in c:\
    2. Click start, Run and enter c:\ProgramData what happens?
    3. Do a search for *.prf what happens?
    4. Is Mezzmo definately installed on this PC? and on C: drive?

cheers

No it DOESN'T work.
    I download the file "Gus_Samsung_C_Series_Chapter_Template.zip" and i renamed it with my movie
    e.t.c.
    Movie.mkv
    movie.mta
    And i try to play that movie with
    Samsung pc share manager, allshare, tvmobili and others dlna program but NEITHER of these works it just play that file WITHOUT any chapter at all so....

I have the samsung le40c653.
    Last edited by fits79; 05-21-2012 at 08:02 AM.