Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: A Guide to Chaptering on Samsung TVs

Quote Originally Posted by fits79 View Post
    If i make one mkv file wth chapters with mkvtoolnic WITHOUT an external chapters does the tv regonise these chapters inside the mkv file or not?

And does anyone know i can make custom chapters at ant mkv files with program mkvtoolnix?

A LOT OF THANKS.
    Fits79, if you mean with a Samsung TV then NO, the TV wont support chapters that are built into the file, these TVs only support external chapter points via an MTA file. This is the same across all servers and is simply a limit on the TV.

If you mean with a different TV brand, then maybe a new post in the forum will help you.

Lastly i'm not sure how to use toolnix to create chapters sorry.

Cheers
    Gus

Ok can you tell me one way to create external "mka, xml, txt, mk3d, cue" or that support the program mkvtoolnix so i load it to every mkv file i have so inserted these chapters and no need to create it from scratch every time.

So i create mkv files with chapters inside the mkv file WITHOUT any external file.

A LOT OF THANKS.

Ok can you tell me one way to create external "mka, xml, txt, mk3d, cue" or that support the program mkvtoolnix so i load it to every mkv file i have so inserted these chapters and no need to create it from scratch every time.

So i create mkv files with chapters inside the mkv file WITHOUT any external file.

A LOT OF THANKS.
    Fits79,

sorry no i dont know how to use mkvtoolnix to insert chapters. I only know about MTA files.

This post is for Samsung TV Chapters with MTA external files.

cheers

Gus

Ok is there any program that create custom mta files you can choose in how much minutes is every chapter....

Only Samsung PCSM will create MTA files but not custom minutes. The alternative is to use my MTA template from post1, it will let you choose your own minutes, and then simply copy and rename to a new filename.

This i would think is your only way. I think custom minutes is a nice to have. Especially since Mezzmo creates chapters on the fly and splits them evenly depending on the video length. Its an excellent system.

Cheers
    Gus

So is there any program that you can create mta files with CUSTOM MINUTES per chapter?
    And if there is which is this program?

So is there any program that you can create mta files with CUSTOM MINUTES per chapter?
    And if there is which is this program?
    This seems to be the same as your last post? the answer is no.

Does anyone know if the Samsung ES8000 supports chaptering? I've tried the mta file approach but have no success. The ES8000 only allows 15 second skips not 15 minutes which is really annoying when you are trying to ffwd or rrwd.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi BTVCON,
    the first thing to check is whether your TV does chaptering at all, so does it work with the Samsung software? from your CD or from the download page on their website. Also what happens when you play a video from a USB disk, does this do chaptering?

That's where is started on the C series and worked from there.

Once it's known that your TV can support chaptering then Mezzmo can be looked at to maybe emulate.

Let us know how you get on.
    cheers

Gus
    Mezzmo Server: HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1265L v2, 8GB, 8TB. DLNA Clients: Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K, Kodi, iPad

If I play a video via USB I can fast forward rewind and skip chapters if the MKV has them built in. If the video is streamed via Mezzmo then I can only skip forward or backwards 15 seconds at a time and the Fast forward and Rewind does not work and say not availible. The TV does remember where you stop the film and restarts from where you left off but that is as far as the functions via Mezzmo allow.

I have tried the mta files and these appear not to work for me??

Thanks