Hi,
I've just purchased 2 Samsung sets (UE40D7000 and UE56D7000 in the UK) and embarked on a project to digitise all of my DVD collection (about 400 disks). Seemed the best idea was to digitise to a single VOB using a product called DVDFab - the support department recommended the VOB format as I would just get 1 VOB file out of the ripper. On these latest Samsung sets, there seemed no way of fast forward or rewind, simply a play and pause option. When you click on the centre button of the remote, you get the "Tools" menu displayed on the bottom of the screen (or if you press the Tools button on the remote). You also see an info slider on the top of the screen which you cannot get into. The file in this thread to test for Auto-Chaptering didn't seem to work. The select chapter option on the Tools menu gives you a count of the number of files in the folder you are using.
I found a solution by ripping the DVD into a MK4 format which produced a single ripped file with a ".idx" and ".sub" file. [I used the "remux" option on the profile setting to get a full quality file in the DVDFab product]. The Samsung firmware seems happier with this and in the Tools menus there is a "Stopwatch" icon that supports a timed search through the movie. Also, pressing the left and right arrows on the centre of the remote jumps the movie forwards and backwards.
Recently, the latest version of DVDFab now produces the ".idx" and ".sub" files with a VOB compression output. However, the Samsung firmware doesn't seem to recognise this in the same way as it does MKV format (the stopwatch icon is greyed out).
It would be nice to get a chapter selection as well as the FF/RW which seems to work on these sets with MKV format - hope this helps anyone going through the hoops that I did!