I upgraded my file server (Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400@2.66GhZ, 4GB ddr2 ram, transcoding onto a WD Caviar blue hdd) and for a while it was fine transcoding full 1080p films via the (gigabit) network, but I'm now back to the same old stuttering, inability to fast forward/rewind, etc.

So I thought I'd test mezzmo on my high end system (Core i7@4.0GhZ, 16GB DDR3, Intel SSD) and its doing the same thing. I've tested all my network hardware and can't find any fault. It's all passed around HP enterprise level (a perk from work) gigabit switches, to a Sony that admittedly only has a 10/100 fast ethernet card, but surely that can't be bottlenecking to the extent that transcoded hd can't be streamed to it? And running throughput/packet loss/general network stability checks I can't find any faults at all.

We're looking to move to a projector and having tested this on some bleeding edge hardware I'm sad to say that if we do, I'll have to look elsewhere. Which is a real shame, given that I really do like Mezzmo.

One interesting thing I note on Windows 7 64 bit, is that FFMPEG doesn't appear to be running whilst transcoding?