Let me start by saying I just recently found Mezzmo and it just makes me sad I didn't find it earlier. It is AMAZING. I'm using it to feed videos to my Samsung D6000 series, and playing with other clients as well (Xbox 360, Panasonic VT25, etc). Everything is working well right out of the box, but I do have a couple of questions:

Library maintenance / Mezzmo desktop app

Does the Mezzmo desktop app have to open for the library to be updated? I have scheduled a daily update in the options, but I'm hoping the update can happen via a background service, as the PC doesn't always have a user logged in. Is there any other part of the service that depends on the Mezzmo app running?

Metadata importing for video files

When I setup the service it automagically imported all the XBMC .nfo files for my videos. In general this worked perfectly, except around television shows. First, some background:

My videos are stored on network shares, one share for movies (one movie per folder in that share), one for Television. On the television share, the structure looks like this:

Code:
\\{server}\{share}\{tvshow}\{season}\{episode}.mkv

example:

\\homeserver\television\fringe\Season 3\3x01 - Olivia.mkv
The imported metadata places the episode name into "Title", the actors into "Artist" and the containing folder into "Album" (which in the above example means Album = "Season 3"). The show name does not appear to be imported. The air date also appears to be imported even though it is not shown in the Mezzmo property page, as my Samsung TV displays it. While this metadata import is not super important when browsing the content by folders, it breaks down when using the cool playlists capabilities of Mezzmo's library system.

So my question is, can this import logic be customized on a per-share basis? For my television share, I'd rather be tagged with the show title in Album, a customized version of the episode title (using a string replacement) that includes the episode number in Title ("1|24 - Olivia" for example), and episode number in Track. I wish there was a logical place to put the season number, but I don't see one...

Can this be done? I think this could allow for much more compelling action playlists around Television series, for example.

Lastly, is it possible to have custom or additional keywords/property types? I'd love to have a property that let me specify if the video is a Movie, or TV Show, or Other for use with Smart playlists (although in my case, maybe I could use the file path matching.... hmmm.)

Clearly I have more experimenting to do, but I can't wait! Thanks again, -james