Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
Hi Dennis

Purely on the strength of this support, you got my 30 bucks this evening (before you put the price up ;-) )
Hi Andy,

Thanks - appreciated

Am I right in making the following assessment on subtitles:
BD .sup files, no support. Support for .srt when labelled correctly and put in the same folder. Looking to support embedded subtitles in future release.
Yes, burned-in or embedded subtitles are coming in Mezzmo v3.

Request for Nvidia CUDA and latest Intel CPU support for VC1 to H264 conversion.
Need to wait for FFmpeg developers to advance in this area. Mezzmo v2.4.5 includes support for DXVA.

What is the LG LE TV xml profile in the latest build? I have an LE8900 but it seems to be using the regular LGTV . Could the LE profile be a child of the LGTV parent??
That profile has been there since Mezzmo v2.3.0 actually It supports a bit less than the "LG TV" one, but works better for some particular firmware versions. I wouldn't rely on auto-detection, as hardware manufacturers are known not to make their firmware ids unique. Try the "LE" profile if you are having issues with the other one.

I’ve selected nice internet album art for video titles. Shows in the Mezzmo interface, but doesn’t in the LG TV interface. Am I doing something dumb or is it just a constraint of the TV.
Our TV here doesn't display video artwork - it's not supported by the firmware. Perhaps it's the same for you as well. Unfortunately nothing we can do here, unless LG fix this up.

When fast forwarding too far ahead, the movie often bombs out and goes back to the beginning or the next film. Is that to be expected with only a partially transcoded file?
That can happen if you are trying to FF past the currently transcoding point. Let's say a video is playing at 25 fps and your transcoding speed is 100 fps. This means if you FF quicker than 4x, you'll hit the end of transcoding sooner or later.

I want to see if the LG can handle any kind of chapter meta data. Shall I follow the Samsung sticky – i.e. could the same process be theoretically followed.
If you mean the chaptering files, then these are specific to Samsung. The LG may (or may not) support chaptering in video files (such as MKVs).

Anything interesting in the FFMPEG build released yesterday?
libavutil 51. 24. 0 / 51. 24. 0
libavcodec 53. 28. 0 / 53. 28. 0
libavformat 53. 19. 0 / 53. 19. 0
libavdevice 53. 4. 0 / 53. 4. 0
libavfilter 2. 47. 0 / 2. 47. 0
libswscale 2. 1. 0 / 2. 1. 0
libpostproc 51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0
Not really. We already built one even later than that (always testing new stuff here).

Request for Tapatalk or similar for forum on IOS
I think vBulletin has a mobile theme somewhere - is that what you mean?

Always happy to beta test any new developments. Set-up is as follows.
Thanks!