Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AllShare on Samsung Galaxy SII

Quote Originally Posted by Normalised View Post
    I searched all the profiles and 'packetsize' appears in these :
    @Normalised, thanks for the search. unfortunately, changing the packet size doesn't seems to do the trick either, I am still getting the dips in terms of transfer, resulting in interruption/buffering for a few seconds before resuming playback. (See attached transfer graph).

update 1: setting buffer >25MB seems to help so far, will do more testing to confirm this is resolved!

update 2: unfortunately the bigger buffer seems to only work with the AllShare app so far using the Samsung Epic profile. iMediaShare is still buffering when sent to Mobo video player, MX player or Rockplayer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mezzmoman; 12-28-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    The built-in DLNA player on the phone is limited compared to what RockPlayer can do. To use RockPlayer you also need to install iMediaShare, which is what you use to browse DLNA servers.
    What device profile should I be using with iMediaShare? Do I set it to the player that I will use? Between the "Samsung Epic" profile (in absence of a Galaxy II specific profile) and RockPlayer/PlugPlayer, which one should yield better results?

Quote Originally Posted by mezzmoman View Post
    What device profile should I be using with iMediaShare? Do I set it to the player that I will use? Between the "Samsung Epic" profile (in absence of a Galaxy II specific profile) and RockPlayer/PlugPlayer, which one should yield better results?
    Install the iMediaShare app and RockPlayer app onto your phone/tablet, and then use the RockPlayer device profile in Mezzmo.

Mezzmo Android: Install it on your tablet, smartphone, Android TV or Amazon Fire to browse and stream files from your Mezzmo library to all your devices. Full details at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mez...mo_android.asp
    Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on: Install it into Kodi to stream files from your Mezzmo library directly in Kodi. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...odi_user_guide
    Mezzmo for Roku App: Install it onto your Roku to stream files from your Mezzmo library. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...oku_user_guide
    Wiki: User Guides & Reference Manual at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Mezzmo.DLNA.Server
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/conceiva_mezzmo
    Web: http://www.mezzmo.com

Default DLNA player in replacement of AllShare

Quote Originally Posted by mezzmoman View Post
    Just got an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy SII LTE), but migrating from AirVideo and Servetome experiences on iOS hasn't been as straightforward as I thought. But I still like the iTunes style categorization of Mezzmo!

1. First, both AirVideo and Servetome have capability to control transcoding right on the iOS app for individual video files. Using AllShare and Mezzmo combination doesn't seem to provide this flexibility. I can't even tell what files Mezzmo is transcoding. Is there finer controls using other Android apps or settings in Mezzmo?

2. I have tried multiple profiles and with transcoding enabled/disabled on Mezzmo, finally the Galaxy Tab profile at least allows me to play .wmv files without giving me errors, ONLY IF transcoding is disabled. But the problem is, for the 1080p .wmv files, AllShare would play for a few seconds before needing to buffer again. How do I solve this problem?

3. Would changing the "Maximum Video size" in "Performance" help? But then if transcoding is disabled, then maybe changing maximum video size doesn't affect the stream?

4. How about changing the connection speed? Would a higher or lower connection speed affect the amount of buffer? I am thinking if the device could buffer more or entire file before playing, then playback wouldn't be interrupted by multiple buffering?

5. Back to transcoding, why would playback using AllShare fail when transcoding is enabled with the Galaxy Tab profile? Because it's not a proper profile for Galaxy SII?

6. Is there a better DLNA player app than the default AllShare app that is compatible to Mezzmo and comparable to AirVideo or Servetome? Both of these iOS apps allow filtering and search etc on the mobile app itself. I noticed Rockplayer listed on Mezzmo so installed it but only the "lite" version is available now and when I launch the app, I don't even see how to connect to DLNA server, just whole bunch of folders listed.

7. Are there better DLNA players that you know of that allows advanced controls, such as resizing playback window, zooming in, cutting the blackbars etc which are all features available on AirVideo and Servetome.

New to Android. New to Mezzmo. Appreciate all your feedback.
    Hi Mezzmoman!

Please, excuse my poor English: I unfortunately never learned it at school (yes, it was possible 55 years ago!) and I'm a "self-made-man": I learned it only by using computer's programs and reading software's documentations :-)!

I downloaded the player "aVia Media Player" from Android Market.

With the "Android Honeycomb" profile in Mezzmo I can read every media from my PC to my Galaxy S2 and/or my Sony Bravia TV.

Music : mp3, wav, ape
    Pictures : jpg, bmp, gif, png, thm, tif
    Video : mpg, avi, mkv, mp4, flv, wmv, mov, 3gp

HTH

Best regards

Hi Mezzmoman!

Please, excuse my poor English: I unfortunately never learned it at school (yes, it was possible 55 years ago!) and I'm a "self-made-man": I learned it only by using computer's programs and reading software's documentations :-)!

I downloaded the player "aVia Media Player" from Android Market.

With the "Android Honeycomb" profile in Mezzmo I can read every media from my PC to my Galaxy S2 and/or my Sony Bravia TV.

Music : mp3, wav, ape
    Pictures : jpg, bmp, gif, png, thm, tif
    Video : mpg, avi, mkv, mp4, flv, wmv, mov, 3gp

HTH

Best regards