Hi,

I have Mezzmo on my desktop connected via ethernet over power supply to my Sony Bravia TV and the basic Mezzmo functionality is working OK

Due to the crappy interface on the Sony, it's a painful experience to search for music and I'd like to use a another Media Controller device to

i) browse for music by text search
ii)set my music library to random play.

I plan to get a cheap tablet for browsing and also to act as a controller. I have an android phone and I've been attempting to use this as a testbed for suitable apps.

I've yet to get Mezzmo to recognise my phone (although there are more unnamed IPs recognised than devices I can explain)

I've tried to setup Adromote, Skifta & Arc MC on my android phone (HTC Wildfire S) with very limited success and none of the above seem to give me the ability to search on my device

Skifta can see Mezzmo on my PC but my TV picks it up as a different object with no music files associated with it and still seems to require me to use the Bravia interface
Arc MC can't see any servers
Adromote can't see any servers

Can anyone recommend an android (or other) cheap tablet that they know can works with Mezzmo and a Media controller than can search the library easily, set to random plan and play out via another device which can already play my library via DNLA?

Or can anyone recommend an app which they know will do this job (ideally one I can testbed on my phone)

Any help much appreciated!

Baz