Thread: Samsung BD-D5300 video codec not supported

Default Samsung BD-D5300 video codec not supported

I have been using Mezzmo for a while now and today went out and bought the above Blue ray with wireless adapter. I have a bit of an odd issue and could use a little help/ advice if you don't mind. Let me try and explain.
    I have Mp4, AVI, MKV files on server now all these work with mezzmo on my Samsung TV with wireless adapter with no issues,
    Now the blue ray
    I can't get any of these files to play other than 1 single mp4 files (that originally didn't play but now does) If I put any of the files onto a usb key and put that into the blue ray it will play, If I use the files via mezzmo I get the video codec not supported. I also tested it with jpegs and mp3 (both worked fine) I have also tried another mp4 that was created with same codec as working one and it don't work.

I have the same blue ray in another room and tomorrow i will try the wireless adapter from TV in it.

any ideas ? it's got me stumped.

thanks in advance

Hi,
    Mangaged to get it to work. I noticed my Samsung TV was using "Samsung D" in the Devic profile so i added this to the blueray device (it was using a Generic NTSC). Now every file is working as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by ant-dat View Post
    Hi,
    Mangaged to get it to work. I noticed my Samsung TV was using "Samsung D" in the Devic profile so i added this to the blueray device (it was using a Generic NTSC). Now every file is working as it should.
    Cheers ant-dat
    I have this Bluray player too, my one got assigned D profile straight away and seems to play everything in Mezzmo. Let me know if you need a second opinion on anything!
    cheers

Gus

Quote Originally Posted by gusnor View Post
    Cheers ant-dat
    I have this Bluray player too, my one got assigned D profile straight away and seems to play everything in Mezzmo. Let me know if you need a second opinion on anything!
    cheers

Gus
    Hi Gus

Thanks for the reply,I tried MKV, MP4 and AVI's that i have on my server and so far so good. When i first turned on the blue ray it was configured in french, not sure if this maybe had an effect or not.
    But glad it's all working now.