Thread: Downloading photos from a website

Default Downloading photos from a website

Just bought DownloadStudio. Great program

One question: How do I download all the photos from a web site without downloading all the other stuff? The website has heaps of galleries and photos like: www.<website>.com/gallery/folder/photo1.jpg, photo2.jpg, etc. and also photos in sub-folders like www.<website>.com/gallery/folder/folder2/photo23.jpg, photo65.jpg, etc. Sorry I can't name the website

Also, how do I just download the photos and not the thumbnails?

Thx, Harvey.

Default Getting large images from a web site

In the Add Job dialog you are able to select the type of download you require. To download all the galleries from a web site you need to select a site download job. (There are three types in the Add job dialog- File, File Range and Site)

Add the URL of the site you want to get the photos from and change the link depth to 'Unlimited' and change the Span Across option to 'Folders and subfolders'. This will only download files in the web site folder and sub folders as you entered in the URL field.

To only download images from this site you need to click the "Advanced Settings..." button on the Add Job dialog. In this dialog in the File selection category you can set the file types you are interested in, so check the "Image Files" check box (or just choose JPEG if you just want JPEGs and not GIFs, etc.).

Since you want only large images and not the thumbnails, you should set the "Ignore files less than" option on the same settings page. This allows you to prevent files smaller than a given size to be downloaded. For example to prevent thumbnails from being download, I would set this to around 20KB.
    Conceiva. Download it with DownloadStudio. Stream it with Mezzmo.

Got it working now. Just downloaded a bunch of photo galleries without any problems. This is great fun. Thanks!